Midnight tonight is the deadline for submissions for the 2023 Smart Home Division Mark of Excellence Awards program, presented by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). The winners will be recognized in a ceremony at CES 2023 and in a digital profile on CTA.tech that will be amplified to audiences across social media, newsletters and more.
The awards recognize some of the best residential and commercial custom installation projects performed by integrators, as well as top consumer technology products and services that are primarily targeted at the custom installation channel. Each year, manufacturers, distributors and systems integrators enter to compete for the coveted awards.
There are 19 different product categories manufacturers may submit for, including emerging technologies/IoT, best education or support program, outdoor living product of the year, and many more.
Meanwhile, custom installers can select from 6 categories to submit projects ranging from smart home office, health and wellness, and home theater.
Nominations are also accepted for Integrator of the Year and have no entry free associated with submissions.
Remember, if you enter a product submission, the product must have been released within 12 months prior to the award announcement date (no earlier than September 27, 2021) or planned to be released within the next six months after the awards announcement date (no later than March 27, 2023).
Each category has a judging team of systems integrators, manufacturers, members of the trade press or industry consultants. Each entry is given a numeric score. The top-scoring entries in each category will be named finalists.
- Audio Component of the Year
- A/V Distribution Product of the Year
- Automation Technology of the Year
- Best Support or Education Program
- Energy Management Product of the Year
- Automated Shade Product of the Year
- Lighting Product of the Year
- Networking Product of the Year
- Outdoor Living Product of the Year
- Rack or Mount Product of the Year
- Security Product of the Year: Residential Access Control or Intrusion
- Security Product of the Year: Video Surveillance
- Soundbar of the Year
- Speaker and Subwoofers – Indoor
- Video Projection Product of the Year
- Video Product of the Year: Flat Screen/Direct-View Display
- Video Source Product of the Year
- Wellness Product of the Year
- Whole-House Control/System Management Product of the Year
- Custom Home of the Year
- Health and Wellness Project of the Year
- Home Theater/Media Room Project of the Year
- Energy Management Project of the Year
- Smart Home Office Project of the Year
- Specialty Project of the Year
2023 Mark of Excellence Awards Entry Info
All entries receive:
- Coverage in the March 2023 print edition of CE Pro magazine
- Exposure on the official CTA website, CTA.tech
- Coverage on cepro.com
In addition to the above benefits, all winners receive:
- Recognition during the Smart Home Mark of Excellence Awards ceremony, taking place January 6 at CES 2023.
- A Mark of Excellence Award trophy
- A special winner logo to showcase their win
- Industry-wide recognition and media attention through a CE Pro press release
- Promotion in CTA member newsletter and CTA SmartBrief
2023 Mark of Excellence Deadlines:
- November 22, 2022 – Deadline for Submissions
2023 Mark of Excellence Fees:
CTA members receive discounted pricing. Not a member? Join today to receive special member benefits that help grow every facet of your business, including research, events and exclusive networking opportunities.
The project must have been completed within 12 months before the awards program announcement date (no earlier than Sept. 27, 2021).
The product must have been released within 12 months before the award announcement date (Sept. 20, 2021), or planned to be released within 6 months after the awards program announcement date (March 20, 2022).
There is a lot that goes into each submission and not much time to enter, so we’ve made this year’s program application easier with “pay first.” Pay to enter now (without completing the whole submission process); then come back at any time before the deadline to finalize your entry!
Click here to enter the 2023 Smart Home Division Mark of Excellence Awards!
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!