Yet again, we want to know what integrators are seeing when it comes to demand for motorized shades.
Our 2023 Shade Controls Deep Dive Survey is out, and we need you to tell us what you’re hearing from your customers about your smart shading installations and what percentage of your projects include them.
Last year, we found that integrators are seeing continued demand despite uncertain economic conditions on the horizon. Now that recession fears have been eased a bit and inflation is cooling, we expect the smart shading market to be even more robust.
According to last year’s data, dealers predicted their shade installation business to grow 12.6% this year, and nearly one-third of all residential installation projects included motorized shades.
Our data also found that besides new construction, 35% of shade projects are in existing homes, 10% are commercial installations and 7% are in multi-dwelling units.
In addition, blackout shades were the most popular shade, installed in 34% of projects. Other common shade applications included floor-to-ceiling windows (29% of projects), hard-to-reach windows (27%), and motorized drapery (24% of jobs). Among the more niche applications are doors (10%), outdoor awnings (7% of projects), curved windows (5%), and skylights (5%).
Here’s other data from last year’s report:
- The median number of shades per residential motorized window treatment installation was 10
- The median price for product and installation per motorized shade installation project was $1,625
- The predicted revenue growth rate for battery-powered shade installations was 10%
- 31% of all residential projects in 2022 included at least one motorized shade
- 17% of all commercial projects done by CE pros in 2022 that included motorized shades
- 9.6% of all integrator-installed motorized shades were battery powered
- 27% of shade installations were isolated in a single-room of a home
- 50% of shade projects that include at least one motorized shade in the primary bedroom
- 17% of installed motorized shades had exposed rollers
You can read more about last year’s motorized shading deep dive report, but we want to learn about how the shading market is changing in 2023 and beyond.
Take the survey here and be entered to win a $50 Amazon gift card!
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!