Lutron Electronics announces the launch of the Alisse wall control for use with its HomeWorks whole-home automation system. The thin-profile Alisse offers a broad range of hand-crafted finishes, and subtle illumination around the buttons.
Sam Chambers, senior director of Lutron’s Residential Business, says, “At the heart of the Alisse wall control is Lutron’s understanding that every detail matters when designing a home and that technology’s role should be to enhance the design vision, not distract from it. The Alisse wall control’s uncompromising approach to aesthetics through its craftsmanship, style, versatility, and harmonious form bring design visions to life in a beautiful way.”
Lutron uses a hand finishing process to bring out the dimension and hues of the materials and offers a range of signature metal finishes. Each finish is matched with engraving filled with coordinated ink as well as a complementary thin, glowing halo around the buttons (just 0.44 of an inch in diameter) to complete the look. The Alisse wall control’s plate form is features a sleek, thin profile that protrudes less than 1/8th of an inch from the wall.
Lutron Alisse Comes in Brass, Chrome, Nickel
The Alisse wall control offers several personalization options, including custom engraving and multiple button configurations, but in a unique way.
Lutron decoupled the wall plate, button configuration, and finish selection from the installation and programming process to allow the base unit to be ordered, installed, and programmed independent of the Alisse wall control plate, which easily snaps on when the button configuration, finish selection, and engraving details have been finalized. This approach allows homeowners to make both design choices and changes up until the end of the installation.
Lutron also provides a protective cover plate for the base unit to prevent damage from construction debris and created a suite of e-tools to make ordering of products and customizations quick and easy.
Additional features of the Alisse wall control include:
- All new Signature Metal Collection – a range of handcrafted metal finishes (aged bronze, aged brass, brushed brass, champagne, satin nickel, graphite, and bright chrome) and painted metal colors (matte black, brilliant white, snow white, and architectural white) to fit a range of interiors.
- Resistant to wear, fingerprints, and stains – uses a proprietary preservation process that does not compromise the luxurious feeling of the material.
- Personalized to fit your lifestyle – features precise engraving, which gives homeowners the ability to name the specific scenes they want to achieve, and one-, two-, and three-column button configurations to suit the needs of any space.
- Integrated by design – designed to seamlessly integrate with Lutron’s HomeWorks system to ensure that the experience in the home is simple and reliable.
- Flexible mounting options- one-, two-, and three-column controls mount within a European, single-gang, square backbox.
“Lutron considered every detail when designing this product,” said Chambers. “We imagined an elegant form, machined from a solid metal plate, and hand finished and grained to perfection with just a hint of powerful technology. But we didn’t stop there. Our teams thought about how they could innovate in every aspect of the product and make design, ordering, installation, and programming better for everyone.”
The Alisse wall control will begin shipping in December.