The ability to measure and control energy utilization via a smart home control system could be the next opportunity on the horizon for integrators. Cinegration Development is trying to make it easier for integrators to jump into energy monitoring with the release of its $199 Cindev Sense Energy Monitor driver written for Control4 systems. The driver allows integrators’ clients to monitor power consumption and solar production, and get personalized alerts, via their Control4 interface.
Installation of the Sense Energy Monitor is simple. It measures energy usages in real time, and uses AI to identify individual appliances from their unique electrical signature, allowing customers and dealers to know which devices are on and how much energy they’re using. With the Cindev Sense Energy driver, clients can use that gathered intelligence to control technology integrated into the Control4 system.
Among the key features of the Sense Energy Monitor are:
- Real-time grid, solar, and load monitoring.
- Alerts for minimum/ maximum voltage changes.
- High-energy threshold alert (ideal for time-of-use and peak-demand energy customers).
- Automatic push notification support (with no dealer setup required).
- Automatic email alerts. (4Sight not required.)
- Intuitive user interface on T3/T4 Control4 touchscreens using Control4 WebUI.
- Ethernet (direct wire) or Wi-Fi installations supported.
- Cloud-based integration (Control4 system does not need to be on same network as Sense Energy Monitor).
Sense helps homeowners understand their home’s energy, and get a view into their home they can’t get anywhere else… even when appliances and devices aren’t connected to the network.
To get Sense devices, Control4 dealers can sign up for the Sense Pro reseller program, which offers:
- Reseller discounts on Sense and Sense Solar
- Access to the Sense Pro version of the monitor, which includes an ethernet port as an alternative to Wi-fi connection
- Access to other Sense Pro tools such as the Sense Pro installer app for easy installation, and fleet manager for remote status monitoring and reporting on Sense monitors that a dealer installs
- Installer training and phone support for installations
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!