The new Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 allows integrators to install the receiver into a home as the central component in a home theater or multiroom audio system.
The VSX-LX103's can be configured as a 5.2.2 receiver with Dolby Atmos and DTS:X immersive audio capabilities, with an amplifier section rated to produce 170 watts per channel into a 6-ohm load with one channel driven.
The power can also be configured to direct power via its Powered Zone 2 outputs, allowing homeowners to enjoy a second zone of audio by simply connecting a set of loudspeakers.
Its Zone 2/Pre/Line out also provides integrators a connection option for installations that include separate amplification in zone 2.
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 Features Advanced 4K Signal Management
The VSX-LX103 receiver incorporates six HDMI inputs and a single HDMI output.
The receiver's HDMI connectivity supports UltraHD 4K pass-through, along with HDCP 2.2 copyright protection, 4K at 60Hz, Dolby Vision, HDR10, Hybrid Log Gamma (HLG), high dynamic range (HDR), and wide color gamuts (WCG).
The Elite VSX-LX103 is also capable of upscaling HD content (1080p) to UltraHD 4K levels.
Proprietary features include Pioneer's Multi-Channel Acoustic Calibration System (MCACC) that creates, “the ideal acoustic environment via the receiver's custom microphone so that the system automatically compensates for differences in speaker size, level and distance, and [it] equalizes the response.”
It also includes Pioneer's Phase Control to compensate for the phase lag between the subwoofer and the main-channel speakers by improving the audio synchronization that the company says helps to “achieve a clearer reproduction of sound in the middle and high frequencies.”
Pioneer Elite VSX-LX103 Additional Features
- Relfex Optimizer “enhances” object-based surround sound for upward firing Dolby Atmos speakers
- The receiver works with Google Assistant to allow users to issue commands such as “turn up the volume,” “skip this track” or “stop the music” when using a device enabled with Google Assistant such as a Google Home
- Wireless connectivity that includes built-in Chromecast, Apple AirPlay, Bluetooth, and Pioneer's FlareConnect that mirrors any audio source connected to the speakers on compatible speakers in other rooms
- The receiver includes streaming music services such as Amazon Music, Pandora, Spotify, TIDAL and Deezer
- Installer-friendly options, including IR in, 12-volt trigger out, RS-232 and a detachable power cable