A number of technology integrators joined Meridian Audio at Meridian Live recently for the exclusive launch of the company’s new Meridian DSP750 In-Wall Digital Active loudspeaker from the company’s Architectural range.
This special one-day event, hosted at the company’s Cambridgeshire headquarters, gave attendees insight into the science behind the DSP750 as well as the opportunity to experience its impressively powerful and versatile performance through a combination of presentations and demonstrations. Meridian detailed the technical thinking, components and design engineering at the heart of the DSP750, then showcased the loudspeaker in action as a pure listening experience and as a rich, visceral soundstage for movie watching in its Reference Digital Theatre and smaller Media Room.
“We listened to the new DSP750 loudspeakers in very different set ups and I’ve got to say I was very impressed,” says Michael Robinson of Perfect Integration.
“Meridian Live was a great opportunity to catch up with Meridian and to see and hear what’s new from the company. A very worthwhile day!”
The Meridian DSP750 Loudspeaker’s Features
- Three new, high-performance drive-units.
- CLASS-M DSP engine providing thermal and dynamic bass protection for detailed and accurate sound.
- ‘Double-baffle’ aluminium enclosure design to minimise unwanted resonances and colouration.
- Separate mid-range driver enclosures to eliminate interaction with the bass drivers.
- Five drive-units powered by a bridged pair of Dynamic Hi-Res amplifiers; each pair capable of delivering over 100W into 8 Ohms.
- EBA (Enhanced Bass Alignment) to heighten sound quality across the frequency range, resulting in added clarity.
- Dynamic bass protection to provide maximum excursion without distortion.
- Centre Elevation technology to create an immersive sound experience that appears to come from the centre of the screen.
- Meridian’s unique enhancement technologies including FIFO buffering, DSP upsampling, apodising filters, and MHR (Meridian High Resolution) for the best possible audio outcome from all digital sources.