Thiel Audio (CES Venetian Suite 30-110) will be showcasing the latest generation SmartSub 1.12 at CES 2016 The latest generation SmartSub from THIEL will feature app-based control and room correction, paired with a long-excursion 12-inch driver and DSP-controlled 1250-watt amplifier. Among the SmartSub 1.12 features are:
- Connects to your Wi-Fi network for phone/tablet app-based control
- Six user-accessible Sound Mode Presets for music, movies and even gaming content
- SmartSub XT Processing-the Thiel SmartSub 1.12 employs a sophisticated acoustic correction algorithm to precisely adjust onboard parametric equalization to help the unit overcome complex acoustic challenges defined by the dimensions of the room
- A proprietary long-excursion 12-inch woofer featuring a rigid cast frame and an aluminum cone
- Energy-efficient DSP-controlled switching amplifier, capable of delivering 1250 watts of continuous power.
- Onboard digital signal processor (DSP) to monitor the signal and keep the amplifier and 12-inch driver running optimally during playback while preventing either from being overdriven
- Wired or wireless connectivity
- Thiel's SmartSub technology delivers PC control software, enabling access to control of settings such as low- and high-pass filter adjustments, phase adjustments, 5-Band Parametric EQ and SmartSub XT Auto EQ parameters in the SmartSub app.
- Infrared (IR) remote control for system power, volume, muting, input source, and sound mode.