If you haven’t seen it, this week on the website we unveiled the findings from our annual CE Pro State of the Industry study. We have been doing this research for over a decade and it really has become a great benchmark for integrators of all sizes to compare their business against. Whether you are a one-man shop or an eight-figure integrator, this data offers a good litmus test for your company.
So what are the highlights?
- The typical custom integrator grew in revenues by 9.1 percent in 2015.
- The median gross revenues for a custom installer was $896,256 last year, on 30 installations.
- The median number of employees rose from 8 to 10.
- For 2016, dealers are forecasting growth of 10.7 percent.
- Recurring revenue is on the upswing. Dealers now report deriving 14.9 percent of their total revenue from RMR, led by security monitoring, service contracts and remote cloud storage.
- Security surveillance cameras are listed as the “hottest” product category for 2016.
- Other data covers the cost of equipment, purchasing sources and how much influence architects, designers, builders and consumers have on product selection.
Check out the complete report here and please let us know how your business is looking for 2016.