AV over IP and, in specific applications, KVM over IP are the stars of the electronics industry right now. But that doesn't mean that traditonal signal transmission methods are obsolete.
Vanco's new Evolution HDMI Extender with KVM and PoE transmits audio and video via HDMI, as well as complete KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) functionality via USB 2.0 over a single Cat-5e/Cat-6 cable.
Through the extender's PoE (Power over Ethernet) capabilities, the new extender eliminates the need for wall-wart power supplies on either the transmit or receive side of a system. Providing transmission distances as far as 164 feet, the extender's auto EDID management compensates for any compatibility issues with the HDMI format.
Vanco says the extender supports resolutions as high as 1920×1080 at 60Hz. Its automatic equalization (EQ) ensures the best possible signal regardless of the category cable length. The extender also transmits USB 2.0 high-speed signals at 480Mbps as far as 164 feet.
The extender also provides USB charging for connected USB devices, and its receiver unit features four USB 2.0 ports. The product includes a Hi-Fi USB audio card and supports analog passive ear and microphone access.
Evolution HDMI Extender Features
- Transmits audio and video via HDMI as well as complete KVM functionality via USB 2.0 ports over a single Cat5e/6 up to 164ft/50m with POE.
- PoE, integrates power into the Cat5e/6 cable, requiring no power supply for either the Transmitting unit or Receiving unit (opposite of unit that is plugged in to power)
- Auto EDID management automatically adjusts to overcome compatibility issues
- Auto EQ distance for perfect transmission and reception of HDMI signals
- Supports up to 1920×1080 @ 60Hz resolutions
- Transmission Range: Extends HDMI signals up to 164ft/50m over a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable
- Extends USB 2.0 high speed at 480Mbps to 164ft/50m
- RX unit provides 4 USB 2.0 high speed ports at display end
- USB ports allow for charging of connected USB devices (please use properly certified and licensed cabling with utilizing the charging feature)
- RX integrated with Hi-Fi USB audio card, supports analog passive earphone and microphone access
- VESA DDC and hot swap technology (HPD)
- Compatible HDMI 1.3/DVI 1.0
- HDCP 1.4
- Dimensions: 3.25″ W x .8″ H x 3.6″ D