Today’s home networks are being taxed like never before, with the proliferation of IoT smart devices, 4K video, high-resolution audio, video surveillance and more. It is critical for integrators to specify networks capable of properly managing all of this data. Utilizing VLANs to segment and control network traffic is becoming commonplace and layer 3 switches can provide this at near wire-speed performance.
In this webinar you will learn:
- Why and when are VLANs necessary
- How data packets are routed
- The difference between hardware (ASICs) and software routing
- Why inter-VLAN routing with a layer 3 switch is considered the best practice
- How to properly design a multi-VLAN system
- How to have a productive sales conversation with your clients regarding layer 3 switches