The videowall market is expected to grow significantly in 2019 and beyond. Combined with increasing demand for 4K, dealers need solutions to marry the two technologies. RTI offers a product that can deliver 4K content from four sources to one large videowall display.
The VMS-741 7×1 4K Quad MultiViewer accomplishes this via an advanced switcher and scaler.
Whether it's a multimedia presentation in a house of worship or a screen showing multiple games in a sports bar, with 16 video window layout combinations, any 4K display is able to become a videowall alternative. The VMS-741 also offers audio embedding and de-embedded audio outputs.
“Whether they are a commercial or residential dealer, everyone has a use case for which the VMS-741 is the perfect solution,” says Ed McConaghay, CEO of RTI. “Whether their clients are looking for easy content sharing, media-rich presentations, or the ability to watch four football games at once, the power and versatility of the VMS-741 makes it an excellent problem- solver.”
The unit combines A/V switching with advanced scaling to display content from up to seven sources. Supported video input formats include HDMI, DisplayPort, and VGA. The solution also offers an HDBaseT input to allow convenient video delivery from remote sources via a source plate or matrix.
The VMS-741 joins RTI’s line of modular matrix switchers and presentation scaler switchers designed to meet the A/V requirements of corporate, education, and retail environments. The VFX-124 and VFX-248 matrix switchers provide a blend of fixed outputs and open slots (12 and 24 respectively), each configurable as inputs or outputs depending on the application.
To handle different signal types, a wide variety of input and output cards is available for HDMI, HDBaseT, VGA, audio, and more.
The VSS-51 Presentation Scaler Switcher Kit, meanwhile, combines switching and scaling to deliver the best picture possible regardless of the source.
RTI VMS-741 Features
- Multiviewer function allows up to 4 sources to be viewed simultaneously via 16 preset window layouts.
- Built-in 4K scaler with up-scaling and down-scaling support.
- Provides signal switching of up to 7 video sources (4 HDMI, 1 Display Port, 1 HDBaseT, 1 VGA).
- HDMI 1.4 and is HDCP 1.4 compliant.
- Supports multiple output resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 @ 30Hz.
- Audio embedding via analog stereo inputs.
- 8-channel (7.1) analog audio and TOSLINK optical audio outputs.
- Supports up to 16 different preset window layouts.
- Auto-scaling, auto-detect EDID.
- Control via front panel buttons, RS-232, Ethernet or Web GUI.
- USB port for firmware updates.
- 1RU rack mountable.