AV over IP is gaining considerable steam in both the residential and commercial markets, but that doesn't mean that traditional content distribution methods are going away any time soon.
A good example is the latest solution from Cloud 9, a brand that's available from AV Pro Connect. Recently the company announced its new AC-MX9XHDL-HDBT High Definiton Loop Mass Media Matrix, which can be used for a variety of content distribution applications, including whole-house A/V and video walls.
AV Pro Connect says the system is designed to provide the benefits of today's generation of AV over IP products without the headaches. At the heart of the matrix is the HDBaseT protocol, which Cloud 9 says enables the product to distribute uncompressed HD content.
The AC-MX9XHDL-HDBT features “Actual Instant Matrix Switching” (AIMS), which allows the product to instantly display any of its nine possible sources on any display without any delay or lag. Cloud 9 and AV Pro Connect also point out that the matrix incorporates a matrixable quad view that allows users to utilize a large screen or projection setup to show a single source or four sources at once.
Other features built into the matrix, like its nine-source multiview, enable viewers to display all nine sources on any screen. Professionals can cascade multiple AC-MX9XHDL-HDBT to configure larger matrix systems.
The 1U-high matrix also provides IR and RS-232 control options. AV Pro Connect says that users can “control the displays/projectors for things like power on/off without having to run extra wires. This often overlooked feature is fully implemented in the Cloud 9.”
The Cloud 9 matrix provides FPGA backbone capabilities. The company notes, “the signal is managed by our FPGA modules that facilitate mission critical installations.”
Cloud 9 Matrix Features
- Fully uncompressed video
- Instant Matrix Switching w/ AIMS Technology
- 9-Source, Unlimited Outputs
- Robust HDBaseT Technology
- Matrixable Quad View (Matrix each quadrant independently)
- 9-Source Multiview
- Dynamic Video Walls (W/ DigiBird)
- Dual Color LCD Screens for Setup
- Instantly jump from Multiview/Quadview to Single image
- IR, RS-232, or Ethernet Control
- IR, RS-232 Pass through to Displays/Projectors
- Advanced RS-232 Routing to single outputs
- 4 port IR Matrix
- Free PC Control Software (Serial)
- Web Interface for control and setup
- FPGA Based hardware
- HDBaseT Lossless Video Transport
- Instant, seamless switching of sources and into and out of Multiview mode (Or Video Wall Mode)
- Digital (Coax) audio extraction with 3 operational modes. Fixed to Inputs, Follows Outputs, and Independent Matrix.
- HDMI Audio Selection/Martix in Quad View & 9 screen Multiview
- Bars and Restaurants are absolutely perfect. Low downtime and robust implementation make for happy owners and repeat work.
- In medical facilities for multiview point to point training environments
- For classrooms with lots of displays and presenters
- For security applications to view 4-9 HD video cameras
- For transportation management systems for monitoring camera feeds in hi-def.
- Large homes that want the ultimate control experience