AudioControl’s New Avalon G4 Amplifier Configurable up to 4 Audio Channels
Versatile amplifier from AudioControl provides a solution for multi-zone, 2-channel and 2.1 channel installations.
More about AudioControl
AudioControl Company Info
As the heart of a home entertainment system, an amplifier’s ability to conform and adapt to a changing entertainment environment is useful features. AudioControl is providing integrators with myriad options with the release of its Avalon G4 high-performance amplifier.
The 2U rack amp can operate as a 4-channel, 3-channel or 2-channel amplifier configurable instantly via rear panel controls. It can support immersive surround-sound applications or provide a 2-channel listening experience.
Class H Design, Dolby Atmos Support
Class H Design for Heat Dissipation
The Avalon G4 boasts a Class H design that achieves 230 watts/8-ohms or 300 watts/4-ohms into four channels all channels driven. The Class H design topology provides superb audio quality, according to the manufacturer, while reducing heat dissipation from a compact form factor.
Circuitry and Controls
The Avalon G4 also features AudioControl’s LightDrive anti-clipping protection circuit, which protects loudspeakers from clipping and distortion even in extreme conditions such as a highly dynamic action movie soundtrack.
Each pair of channels features hi/lo/bypass crossover controls, balanced (XLR) and unbalanced (RCA) inputs as well as RCA throughputs to achieve multiple configuration options.
The amp also features independent channel level controls, remote power control, triggers, audiophile-grade 5-way binding posts and can be ordered for either 110 or 220-volt operation.
A Good Partner with AudioControl Maestro Processors, Does Dolby Atmos
AudioControl designed the G4 to pair up nicely with the company’s Maestro M9 and M5 cinema processors, making it ideally suited for immersive surround formats such as Dolby Atmos or as a premium standalone power amplifier for a multi-zone entertainment system.
The product can be configured as a powerful 2-channel amplifier (600 watts into 8 ohm loudspeakers) or as a 2.1 solution for residential or commercial A/V systems.
Availability and Price
The Avalon G4 has a suggested retail price of $1,960 and is available now.
Avalon G4 Features
- Award winning theater amplifier technologies
- Four channel home theater amplifier
- Multi-mode operation: 4 channel, 2.1 channel, and high-power 2 channel
- 230 watts per channel at 8 ohms; 300 watts per channel at 4 ohms
- 600 watts at 8 ohms bridged
- Stable into low impedances
- Stereo/mono operation
- Unparalleled Energy Efficiency
- High Definition BiMOS Outputs
- Cool Running Class H Operation
- LightDrive Anti-Clipping Protection Circuitry
- 5-way Binding Posts
- Unbalanced RCA inputs with pass through
- Balanced XLR Inputs
- Bullet-Proof Reliability
- Remote 12 volt Trigger
- Perfect paired with AudioControl’s Maestro M9 or M5 Preamplifiers
Avalon G4 Specs
- Inputs: 4 RCA Unbalanced, 4 XLR Balanced
- Input Sensitivity: 1.42 Vrms for full output
- Maximum Input Voltage: 2.7 Vrms
- Input Impedance: 100 kΩ
- Amplifier Channels: 4
- Power Output (8Ω): 230 watts per channel
- Power Output (4Ω): 300 watts per channel
- Power Ouput (8Ω Bridged Mono): 600 watts
- Minimum Speaker Load: 4Ω
- Damping Factor: >450
- Total Harmonic Distortion: 0.04% (230 watts @ 8 ohms 20 Hz-20 kHz)
- Signal to Noise: >102dB, A-wtd ref Full Output
- Frequency Response: 10 Hz -20 kHz ±1dB
- Remote Power Trigger: +12 VDC or Dry Contact Closure
- Peak AC Power Draw (full output 8Ω): 1200 watts
- Typical AC Power Draw (all channels driven): 400 watts
- Protection: clipping, short circuit, thermal, DC offset
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Lisa Montgomery has been a member of the CE Pro and Electronic House editorial teams for nearly 20 years; most of that time as the Editor of Electronic House. With a knack for explaining complex high-tech topics in terms that average consumers can understand, her style of writing resonates with people who are interested in adding electronic systems to their homes, but are unsure of the steps involved and the solutions available. From basic lighting control systems to full-blown automation systems, Lisa understands the home electronics market well, and is able to point consumers in the right direction on their quest for a smarter, more convenient, efficient and enjoyable home. Over the years, she has developed close relationships with key manufacturers and seasoned custom electronics professionals, giving her a keen sense of what home technologies are hot now and what is on the horizon. She shares this wisdom regularly through feature stories, product roundups, case studies technology spotlights and comprehensive guides and books. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Lisa at email@example.com
Follow Lisa on social media:
SpeakersMassive ADT Report Shows How Customers View Smart Home Tech
New Jersey Integrator Turns Boring Basement Into Beautiful Home Cinema
Product Briefs: Elan adds Jandy; Crestron Marine Program; Zigbee Milestone
Harman at CEDIA: First 9.1.6 AVR, One Brand New Category, One ‘Super-Exciting’ In-Ceiling Speaker
Meridian Audio – On display at CEDIA Expo 2019
View more on Speakers