$3,999 Epson 4K PRO-UHD Projector Features 3-Chip Design, HDR10
New Pro Cinema 6050UB from Epson engineered with technology for discerning home theater enthusiast.
Epson keeps rolling out 4K projection solutions. The latest is the Pro Cinema 6050UB. It delivers 2,600 lumens of equal color and white brightness, HDR10, and Epson UltraBlack technology to maintain brightness, color accuracy, and image detail in both bright and dark scenes.
Other features include a full 10-bit color output, contrast ratio up to 1,200,000:1, a wide color gamut displaying the entire DCI-P3 color space, and proprietary 15-element glass VRX projection lens designed for zero light leakage.
“Setting the bar with color precision and delivery of immersive 4K content, the Epson Pro Cinema 6050UB offers a level of performance that challenges comparable projectors currently available on the market,” says Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, Projectors, Epson America.
“Equipped with proprietary processors for resolution enhancement, HDR, and image processing, the Pro Cinema 6050UB delivers life-like detail in every scene for an unforgettable home theater viewing experience.”
The Pro Cinema 6050UB is equipped with a variety of features to streamline installation: a wide lens shift of up to ±96 percent on the vertical axis and up to ±47 percent on the horizontal axis, and ISF and CalMAN pattern generator calibration tools.
Features and Pricing:
- True 3-Chip Projector Design – Advanced 3LCD technology displays 100 percent of the RGB color signal for every frame.
- S2 Pixel-Shift Processor – Advanced pixel-shifting processor precisely controls three individual high-definition LCD chips.
- H2 HDR Processor – Full 10-bit HDR color processing accepting 100 percent of the HDR source information to faithfully reproduce HDR content.
- ZX Digital Imaging Processor – Realtime 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth tonal transitions, while helping to eliminate banding, blocking, and other compression artifacts from the final visual performance.
- Brightness – Capable of displaying 4K content at 2,600 lumens for both color and white brightness.
- Epson UltraBlack Technology – Epson created a Proprietary Compensation Filter that is designed to control the polarization of light itself. This allows Epson to suppress any light leakage within the signal, producing an outstanding Dynamic Contrast ratio of 1,200,000:1
- HDR Adjustment – Realtime HDR curve adjustment allowing for 16-steps of control to fine-tune the HDR performance – regardless of the content.
- Color Gamut – One of the first commercially available home theater projectors capable of displaying the full three-dimensional DCI-P3 color space. This extreme color performance is 50 percent wider than typical Rec. 709 projectors.
- Epson VRX Lens Technology – Designed for zero light leakage, all Epson VRX Lenses utilize a proprietary 15-element precision glass structure for outstanding image clarity and edge-to-edge focus uniformity.
- 3-Axis Motorized Lens – After installation, you can shift the lens up to 96 percent up or down on the vertical axis and up to 47 percent left or right on the horizontal axis. You can also set the zoom and focus, then store all the settings in one of ten lens memory presets
- HDMI 2.0 Support – Fully compatible with virtually all color formats, depths, and spaces while simultaneously supporting 4K HDR content at a full 60 Hz.
Epson’s new Pro Cinema 6050UB 4K PRO-UHD carries an MSRP of $3,999. The projector comes a ceiling mount, cable cover and spare bulb.
Find Out Why 63% of Integrators Expect Outdoor Business to Grow - CE Pro Download
The outdoor technology market is growing – both the demand from customers and the array of products available. According to our recent CE Pro survey, integrators are taking advantage of this opportunity to grow their businesses. Get your copy of the survey today.
Lisa Montgomery has been a member of the CE Pro and Electronic House editorial teams for nearly 20 years; most of that time as the Editor of Electronic House. With a knack for explaining complex high-tech topics in terms that average consumers can understand, her style of writing resonates with people who are interested in adding electronic systems to their homes, but are unsure of the steps involved and the solutions available. From basic lighting control systems to full-blown automation systems, Lisa understands the home electronics market well, and is able to point consumers in the right direction on their quest for a smarter, more convenient, efficient and enjoyable home. Over the years, she has developed close relationships with key manufacturers and seasoned custom electronics professionals, giving her a keen sense of what home technologies are hot now and what is on the horizon. She shares this wisdom regularly through feature stories, product roundups, case studies technology spotlights and comprehensive guides and books. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Lisa at email@example.com
Follow Lisa on social media:
Home TheaterMarantz, Denon Each Roll Out Pair of New A/V Receivers
Product Briefs: Guardian Protection Services Changes Name; AudioResearch, Kwikset; Play-Fi, AirPlay2
10 #SoCustom Solutions to Inspire Your BEST Project Awards Entries
Hisense Unveils a Full Lineup of Sub-$1,000 ULED Android TVs
Sound United to Pick Up Integra, Onkyo, Pioneer Brands
View more on Home Theater