With many professionals turning to the high-bandwidth capabilities of fiber-optic cabling, products like the new Luxul 1GB SFP, 10GB SFP+ cabling models help dealers deliver connectivity in a range of environments.
The company's latest line of products addresses 1GB and 10GB networks, as well as UTP copper and fiber optic-based network infrastructures.
“Our new modules enable simple and cost-effective network expansion for any type of installation,” says Mike Grubb, vice president of marketing, Luxul.
“Whether interconnecting multiple Luxul switches featuring SFP or SFP+ ports or providing an additional port for connectivity to a networked device, our offering provides a variety of connectivity options for short- and long-distance runs.”
Luxul Modules Support Long-Distance Signal Transmission
The new line of UTP copper and fiber-optic modules includes 1000Base-T and 10GBase-T modules that support transmission distances as far as 100 meters (~328 feet) over Category 5/6a/7 Ethernet cables.
Luxul's array of fiber modules also include 1GB and 10GB multimode duplex modules capable of transmitting signals up to 550 meters (~1,804 feet).
In addition, the company's 10GB single-mode duplex and simplex modules are capable of transmitting signals as far as 20 kilometers (more than 12 miles).
The Draper, Utah-based company says for applications that require more cost-effective plug-and-play solutions, it offers a 10GB half meter direct-attach cable solution.
Luxul 1GB SFP, 10GB SFP+ Device Specification Table
- Part # 10-CAB-05 Cable 10GB
- Part # 1G-RJ45 UTP Cat 5 1GB
- Part # 10G-RJ45 UTP Cat 6a/7 10GB
- Part # 1G-MM-DX-LC Duplex Fiber Multimode 1GB 850 nanometer Wavelengths
- Part # 10G-MM-DX-LC Duplex Fiber Multimode 10GB 850 nanometer Wavelengths
- Part # 10G-SM-DX-LC Duplex Fiber Single mode 10GB 1310 nanometer Wavelengths
- Part # 10G-SM-SX-LC Simplex Fiber Single mode 10GB 1270/1330 nanometer Wavelengths