You asked and we listened! We’ve extended the deadline for submissions into the 2020 Smart Home Division Mark of Excellence Awards program, presented by the Consumer Technology Association (CTA). The final deadline is November 27, 2019. The winners are announced at the Mark of Excellence Awards Reception during CES 2020 in Las Vegas, NV on January 8, 2020.
The awards recognize some of the best residential and commercial custom installation projects performed by integrators, as well as top consumer technology products and services that are primarily targeted at the custom installation channel. Each year, manufacturers, distributors and systems integrators enter to compete for the coveted awards.
There are 18 different product categories manufacturers may submit for, including emerging technologies/IoT, automation device of the year, and networking product of the year, among others.
Meanwhile, custom installers can select from 6 categories to submit projects ranging from lighting control, health and wellness, and home theater.
Nominations are also accepted for Integrator of the Year.
Remember, if you enter a product submission, the product must have been released within 12 months prior to the award announcement date (September 3, 2019) or planned to be released within the next six months after the awards announcement date.
Each category has a judging team of systems integrators, manufacturers, members of the trade press or industry consultants. Each entry is given a numeric score. The top-scoring entries in each category will be named finalists.
All entries receive:
- Print recognition at the Mark of Excellence Awards reception at CES 2020
- Coverage in the March 2020 print edition of CE Pro magazine
- Exposure on the official CTA website, CTA.tech
- Coverage on www.cepro.com
- Recognition in marketing and promotional materials for attendees and press at CES 2020
In addition to the above benefits, all winners receive:
- Personal recognition on-stage at the Mark of Excellence Awards reception at CES 2020
- A Mark of Excellence Award
- Use of the Mark of Excellence Awards Winner logo
- Industry-wide recognition and media attention through a CE Pro press release
Deadlines and Fees
- November 27, 2019 – Deadline for submissions
Entry Fees (Project):
- CTA Member: Early bird $125, regular submission $150
- Non-Member: Early bird $225, regular submission $250
- CTA Member – Add’l entry (early bird) $100, regular submission $125
- Non-Member – Add’l entry (early bird) $200, regular submission $22
Entry Fees (Product):
- CTA Member: Early bird $275, regular submission $375
- Non-Member: Early bird $400, regular submission $450
- CTA Member – Add’l entry (early bird) $175, regular submission $200
- Non-Member – Add’l entry (early bird) $250, regular submission $275
There is a lot that goes into each submission and not much time to enter, so we’ve made this year’s program application easier with “pay first.” Pay to enter now (without completing the whole submission process) then come back at any time before the deadline to finalize your entry!