Business

Which of These Vehicle Designs Makes Best First Impression?

Vehicle design can be great marketing tools for CE pros. Which one these vehicles does it best?

Posted by Francis Turgeon on November 5, 2017

I’m sorry but these designs were good in the 90’s. I think integrators in my region are a lot more actual and reflecting current marketing trends.. I would post pictures but I don’t think they are allowed in posts.

Posted by mbaty on November 5, 2017

Yea, none of these stand out as anything special. They pretty much all look like they went to stickersformyvan.com and pumped out a few templates.

Posted by Connected Living Inc. on November 5, 2017

I agree.  Most of these look dated.  We struggled with what to put on our trucks and decided to try and keep it simple and clean. https://www.instagram.com/p/BK_U736A7XA/?taken-by=connectedliving

Posted by MickMac on November 5, 2017

I know which one is least likely to be broken into in search of AV goodies(!)

Posted by Scot Hulshizer on November 6, 2017

Designs will always change, and while I think it is good to be current and appear relevant, the key consideration is how effective the messaging on the side will be to someone that sees the vehicle on the road or parked at a job site.  I can’t count how many times I’ve pulled up next to a commercial vehicle at a stoplight and made note of the name of the company if they offered services that I had been thinking about purchasing.

I think the critical elements are the name of the company (preferably not part of an obscure logo that is hard to read from a distance), the specific types of services offered, and basic contact information.  For a non-exclusive integrator representing multiple brands, I would avoid adding them.

It would be interesting to hear from anyone who has a specific story where changing their fleet branding resulted in a quantifiable increase in sales that could be directly attributed to the change.

Posted by Scot Hulshizer on November 6, 2017

Posted by MickMac on November 5, 2017

I know which one is least likely to be broken into in search of AV goodies(!)

Posted by Connected Living Inc. on November 5, 2017