Home Theater

TCD Case Study: Home Theater Software Wins Jobs, Engages Trade Partners

For UK integrator Thinking Bricks, The CEDIA Designer (TCD) software is more than a powerful, math-based home theater-design platform. It's an exceptional marketing tool that validates pricey projects, engages interior designers, wins jobs and referrals.

Posted by Mark Sipe on November 27, 2018

Looks like a good software, one question though, when did CEDIA become a competitor to other members?  I’m wondering when we will see a line of speakers or wire available through CEDIA.  Now that they sold off the signature trade show what are their plans?  Healthy competition is good but what should we expect from them in the future?

Posted by Julie Jacobson on November 27, 2018

What does it compete with, Mark? I haven’t seen anything like it.

Posted by Mark Sipe on November 27, 2018

Maybe RPG Acoustics, when I went through my training I was sitting next to Sam Cavitt, this is a serious group that trains dealers in proper acoustics.  These types software only require an operator, not a skilled technician that can work through the nuances of a room.  Instead it relies only on the math, and while I am a big supporter of science, let’s not forget the human factor.  The question is more of a red herring though, what are CEDIA’s plans, are they going to expand offerings in competition to the market.  They have so much clout if they start to choose winners and losers while making money doing it, seems like competition.  I might be the only one to post the question, a lot of people were talking about it at CEDIA.

Posted by kipoca on November 28, 2018

Well, another competitor issue is the fact that it configures room for Trinnov processors using their own proprietary 3D audio platform. It exports to D-Tools, not BidMagic, SRS, Horizon, etc. I don’t expect CEDIA is going to close the walls to everyone, but it might also get cumbersome including everything. Maybe a dealer can customize it to the vendors and services they use.

Posted by kipoca on November 28, 2018

Posted by Mark Sipe on November 27, 2018

Posted by Julie Jacobson on November 27, 2018

What does it compete with, Mark? I haven’t seen anything like it.

Posted by Mark Sipe on November 27, 2018