Home Theater

Explaining OLED vs. QLED to Your Clients

Integrator offers technical reference guide to help explain differences between Sony and LG OLED and Samsung QLED in terms of technology, picture quality and affordability.

Posted by drasticmatt on February 4, 2019

What? No official Co-Author credit Jason? I see how it is..

But really, thank you guys for the recognition! I handle all of the digital marketing for the store and have been writing articles for about a year on the subjects of online marketing/analytics. Writing about new technology is just as enjoyable, especially if it helps the industry and our customers!

Posted by Andrew Nichols on February 4, 2019

@Matt Thanks for taking the time to write this up and share it with us! I found it very interesting and I learned a whole lot about OLED and QLED that I didn’t know before. This will come in handy when I try to explain why OLED is so great when my friends and family ask me technical questions haha!

Posted by topp on February 5, 2019

Good article.  Should probably mention that Sony buys it’s OLED panels from LG, they can’t make their own.  That is one reason why Sony OLED is more expensive than LG.  Why pay more for Sony?

Posted by John Nemesh on February 5, 2019

@topp because the video processing on the Sony is widely acknowledged to be superior to the LG.  Not as big of a deal with UHD content, but for standard def and 1080i/p content, it makes a difference.

Posted by John Nemesh on February 5, 2019

Posted by topp on February 5, 2019

Posted by Andrew Nichols on February 4, 2019

Posted by drasticmatt on February 4, 2019

What? No official Co-Author credit Jason? I see how it is..