Business

Co-Founder Julie Jacobson: CE Pro is Psyched to be Acquired by Emerald Expositions

Emerald Expositions (EEX) has acquired leading smart-home brand CE Pro and other "connected" brands within EH Media. EH co-founder Julie Jacobson and the team is pumped.

Posted by cybermanor on August 21, 2018

Congratulations Julie and to everyone else at EH Publishing!  Well deserved.
Like you, I look forward to the added opportunites that Emerald will bring to our channel over the coming years.

Thanks,  Gordon van Zuiden, cybeManor

Posted by Bruno Napoli on August 21, 2018

Wow…. that’s a news. So happy for all of you guys.
Keep it up.

Posted by Susan Sipe - CEPro website on August 21, 2018

Congratulations EH Pub Team!  The recognition of your acquisition is well deserved.  You’ve pioneered through the technology helping us all get perspective on a fast changing industry.  Thank you for ensuring that all of your work will continue with the same passion.  Ready to see what Emerald will bring to the party.

All the best,
Susan Sipe
Salez Toolz / Xspot Products

Posted by Brad on August 21, 2018

Sound like this truly is a milestone event for you and the rest of the gang—congratulations!

Posted by jrzman1975 yahoo.com on August 21, 2018

Congratulations Julie, Ken, Lisa, Jason, and the whole team.  I’m proud to say I knew you when! All of you have worked your butts off for this industry, and now a well deserved pay day!
I’m very happy for all of you!
Jeff Zemanek

Posted by Robert JS on August 21, 2018

I think this is fantastic news for the Ci channel, and as Bruno mentioned in another thread, it will bring the integrator into even keel with the other specialty trades of the construction and remodel industry, instead of always being the red headed step child.

Posted by jmcdermott1678 on August 21, 2018

Congratulations!  This is well deserved by your team.  CEPro is my home page on my browser, and it will continue to be.  I enjoy opening up every day to see the only current events I care about!

Posted by TheDarkKnight on August 21, 2018

EH/CE Pro are the only ones covering this industry, so this makes perfect sense to me. CEDIA needs CE Pro, and Pros of CE (see what I did there?) need CE Pro and CEDIA. Cheers to Jason, Julie, et. al.

Posted by Richard Stoerger on August 21, 2018

Well color me blue (erh, I mean green as in Emerald green).  Congratulations on having found a way to a new way.  I know that this means a great deal to you, Ken, Jason and the entire team.  I am so very happy for all of you.

Richard Stoerger, ADA

Posted by alanchow on August 21, 2018

Congratulations Julie and team.  You guys have been (and always will be) a fantastic asset to the industry.  I really enjoy reading the daily emails i get from you guys updating me with industry news everyday.  Will congratulate you guys in person when i see you guys at CEDIA Expo.

Posted by Julie Jacobson on August 22, 2018

Thanks everyone for your kind remarks. We are totally energized and think we can do some cool new things for the industry.

Posted by Jim Burns on August 22, 2018

Congratulations! I can’t wait to see the good things that will come of this and the new shoes that you buy yourself for CEDIA Expo to celebrate the deal.

Posted by smarthousecontrol gmail.com on August 26, 2018

Hopefully Emerald will bring in more resources to be able to produce more in depth “Programmer” focused articles about all the control systems in the industry instead of just focusing on the next new hardware tech.  Its a huge untouched area that all the programmers in the industry want.  For example, new software features and how it makes our job easier…....software abilities…..how to tricks…....is something CE pro “almost” totally ignores.  An article author could go as far as writing an article on common implementation tasks….and how each can be accomplished in each different control system…..teaching our industry newbies how to successfully make homeowners happy…...I don’t understand why this subject has been ignored for over 15 years I have been in the industry.  A new control system future features summary is too superficial….and has been done over and over….this is “nice” news…....but is not the real helpful info all us programmers need in the field day in and day out.  I am sure there a quite a few senior people in this industry who would love to chime in stuff on articles like this.  Maybe one author cannot answer for all control companies….....but why not a control system editor board of directors…..who collaborate on articles…..so they can apply to all the different control companies in the industry?  Hopefully CEPro can step up to the plate and tackle this.  This would make this magazine a must read for everyone “senior level” in the industry…..

Posted by smarthousecontrol gmail.com on August 26, 2018

Posted by Jim Burns on August 22, 2018

Posted by Julie Jacobson on August 22, 2018

Posted by alanchow on August 21, 2018

Posted by Richard Stoerger on August 21, 2018

Richard Stoerger, ADA

Posted by TheDarkKnight on August 21, 2018

Posted by jmcdermott1678 on August 21, 2018

Posted by Robert JS on August 21, 2018

Posted by jrzman1975 yahoo.com on August 21, 2018

I’m very happy for all of you!
Jeff Zemanek

Posted by Brad on August 21, 2018

Posted by Susan Sipe - CEPro website on August 21, 2018

All the best,
Susan Sipe
Salez Toolz / Xspot Products

Posted by Bruno Napoli on August 21, 2018

Wow…. that’s a news. So happy for all of you guys.
Keep it up.

Posted by cybermanor on August 21, 2018

Congratulations Julie and to everyone else at EH Publishing!  Well deserved.

Thanks,  Gordon van Zuiden, cybeManor