Business

Dave Pedigo Resigns from CEDIA after 14 Years, Citing Leadership

Dave Pedigo, long-time CEDIA executive in the areas of training, education and technology, leaves 'dream job' because 'somebody had to take a stand.'

Posted by davepedigo2018 on July 30, 2018

I would like to take a moment and thank my amazing colleagues (staff and volunteers - Julie especially) who have shaped my life these last 14 years (well 2 days shy). If anyone wants to reach me, my new email address is davepedigo2018@gmail.com.

Posted by Tom Doherty on July 30, 2018

Dave, thank you for your years of service, passion and recognizing when you can no longer work under the current leadership. This really rests with the board as we all know how “hands on” they are and it goes back to the “leadership” of several Chairman.  How the board forced Vin out was deplorable.  Best of luck to you.  I hope to see you (I assume you want to see all of your friends and colleagues) in San Diego.

Posted by Richard Stoerger on July 31, 2018

Dave, your leadership will be greatly missed by many.  Thank you for helping to guide the association over the past 14 years.  Your dedication and drive made CEDIA better in ways that words cannot properly express.  I wish you the very best in your future endevours and am certain that our paths will cross again.

Posted by lefranke2000 on July 31, 2018

Dave,
It is with a heavy heart, brother, I read this.  I will surely miss your guidance, counsel and leadership.  Most of all I will miss thinking of you while I am on another show floor you may or may not be on, and looking for Star Wars memorabilia and ways I can dog you on how my Cowboys are beating your Redskins,(which is not often these days).  While we as volunteers and members “Are CEDIA”, You exemplified CEDIA and the passion of why we are here and why I got into this industry and joined this organization.  Sad to see you’re gone and even more sad to read why.  I hope and pray this will cause the turnaround and change we need.  We all deserve it.

Posted by scolburn on July 31, 2018

Dave, It is hard for me to imagine CEDIA without you and your tireless & effective efforts and leadership. I am saddened that your parting from CEDIA comes under such a cloud, but I have little doubt that it will make people take notice. And I have no doubt that you will land right side up very quickly.

From your partner in Future Technology Pavilions crime,
Steve Colburn

Posted by jrbishop on August 1, 2018

Dave, you’ve been a positive and constant asset to CEDIA’s education mandate for so long I can’t even imagine what it will be like without your presence. Your passion for the organization and the various technical initiatives around it like the Electronic Lifestyle judging program and the Recommended standards and practices has been your calling card. I’ve always appreciated your willingness to pick up the phone or sit down for a chat on those topics we had in common cause. I wish you all the best in your next chapter, and I hope it might continue in our industry, where your voice is always appreciated.
Godspeed young man!

Posted by seth domotz.com on August 1, 2018

What could have possibly precipitated this incredibly unfortunate cascade of losses. Two dedicated champions for our industry are suddenly no longer with the organization they so dearly loved?! That just doesn’t add up. It will be very interesting to see what your investigative research reveals, Julie. Thanks in advance for digging in!

Posted by seth domotz.com on August 1, 2018