CTA Award Winner David Kaplan Advises Industry to ‘Show Up’

David Kaplan, 44-year home-technology veteran, receives CTA 2019 TechHome Leadership Award; challenges integrators to fight apathy and get involved; laments retail apocalypse.

Posted by starkfist7598 gmail.com on December 4, 2018

He’s an audio sales man not a Nobel prize winner, let’s try and keep some perspective please.

Posted by Michael Sajecki on December 4, 2018

David has poured his heart and soul into this industry and is very deserving of such an award. One of my all time favorite people in the industry, Congratulations David.

MS

Posted by TheDarkKnight on December 4, 2018

@starfist7598

This article is on a Consumer Electronics website and the award David is being given is in relation to this industry. So perhaps it is your perspective is off?

Posted by Julie Jacobson on December 4, 2018

Here’s a guy that really is here to serve. Thanks for everything, David!

Posted by oneaudiofreak on December 6, 2018

Well Deserved David!  You’ve had the passion for a long time and mentored many of us along the way.  Thanks for all you have done and will continue to do. I know you’re not done.

Walt Zerbe

Posted by jrbishop on December 10, 2018

Congratulations David,
And thanks for all the great moments in our heady and fun a/d/s/ days. Our annual Las Vegas tradition of dinner at Pamplemousse still brings back fond memories of a time with our mutual mentors; my boss, Dr. Godehard Guenther, founder of a/d/s/, and yours, Hall of famer Mr. Len Tweten. There couldn’t have been a better way to celebrate the specialty high end audio business they taught us so much about.

I just watched the Hall of Fame speeches by Len and Jim from the 2013 CE awards ceremony. All I can say is; ’WOW’. Jim so clearly defined their customer centered attitude, and how to grow that into a magnificent business. And then Len stepped up to remind us; it was all about the music and a very focused group of brands that delivered a superior experience. His passion still showed and reminded me of what drove our business ‘back in the day’.

You’re right, half of the battle is won if you just show up. I’ll add to that sentiment by suggesting if you show up and know your stuff when it comes to music and movies, then you’ll always have an opportunity to demonstrate what a superior experience premium products and system designs can deliver. If we do more of that we’ll see fewer plastic speakers and cheap TV’s in the worlds finer homes. And that will make them better places to live!

If you google ‘Len Tweten’, the CE Youtube speech comes up. As Youtube wants to keep you engaged, after the CE video came a movie; Flawless with Michael Caine and Demi Moore. It’s by Magnolia Pictures and begins with Dave Brubeck’s Take 5.

I think Len and GG were messing with me from specialty audio heaven!
Cheers,

Posted by jrbishop on December 10, 2018

Congratulations David,

I think Len and GG were messing with me from specialty audio heaven!
Cheers,

Posted by oneaudiofreak on December 6, 2018

Walt Zerbe

Posted by Julie Jacobson on December 4, 2018

Here’s a guy that really is here to serve. Thanks for everything, David!

Posted by TheDarkKnight on December 4, 2018