Business

Smart-Home Panel: Integrators Make up to $6k per day with 24/7 Service and Network Monitoring

Smart-home integrators with successful recurring-revenue programs reveal at CE Pro Summit how they earn $3,000 to $6,000 per day in service RMR, and charge $49/month for network monitoring.

Posted by Joseph Kolchinsky on November 7, 2017

I really enjoyed being on this panel!  After these discussions I found myself thinking more about our “why”.  We all talk about service in many ways - for some it’s a pain-in-the-butt cost center while for others it’s a lead-gen tool for new installation.  For me and my team, it’s the reason we wake up every day.  Our “why” is “because modern families need a Technology Manager for all day-to-day technology service needs.”  The projects our partners get from better service experiences are simply the gravy on top.

I wonder how many in this industry can confidently speak to their “why”.  Simon Sinek lays it out well in his Ted Talk from 2009: https://www.ted.com/talks/simon_sinek_how_great_leaders_inspire_action

Posted by brandenpro on November 8, 2017

Making 6k per day on RMR?  At $49 per month that’s around 3700 in just service contracts.  There isn’t 3700 service contracts in total across the entire CEDIA channel.

Posted by iKnowTech on November 8, 2017

I’m going to have to agree with Branden here.  Seems like these numbers are greatly exaggerated.

Posted by iKnowTech on November 8, 2017