Which of These Vehicle Designs Makes Best First Impression?
Vehicle design can be great marketing tools for CE pros. Which one these vehicles does it best?
Jason Knott · October 31, 2017
Vehicle design is an often overlooked marketing method for custom integrators. You only get a chance to make a good first impression once... just ask your spouse or significant other!
There’s also a popular saying that goes “don’t judge a book by its cover.” However, when its comes to spending your hard-earned money on something, you want the shiniest, biggest, most impressive thing you can find. One way custom integrators can do this is by having an attractive work vehicle to get them between jobs. It is, in essence, a moving marketing billboard about your company.
Here are 7 key basic decisions every integrator must make about their vehicle:
- Color: A white vehicle will make your logo more noticeable, but will it be seen as much as a vehicle with a flashy color? Also, what fits with your company's overall marketing color scheme?
- Type of vehicle: Van are probably the most efficient for transporting equipment and tools, including ladders, but are they as eye-catching as a truck for panel truck? Also, what about gas mileage?
- Services: Is it important to include your company services, such as audio, video, security, etc.
- Brands: How valuable is it to showcase the particular brands you use, from Control4 to Bose?
- Images: Should you invest in an eye-catching vehicle wrap that can be noticed by passers-by
- Phone number: Obviously
- License number: In some states, this is required.
Check out this slideshow for 10 vehicles CE Pro recently spotted at the MRI Expo in Sturbridge, Mass. Vote on which one you believe makes the best first impression?
Jason has covered low-voltage electronics as an editor since 1990. He joined EH Publishing in 2000, and before that served as publisher and editor of Security Sales, a leading magazine for the security industry. He served as chairman of the Security Industry Association’s Education Committee from 2000-2004 and sat on the board of that association from 1998-2002. He is also a former board member of the Alarm Industry Research and Educational Foundation. He is currently a member of the CEDIA Education Action Team for Electronic Systems Business. Jason graduated from the University of Southern California. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Jason at email@example.com
Follow Jason on social media:
BusinessRAM 1500 Truck Is High-Tech Office on Wheels
Parasol Remote Internet Monitoring Adds 30 Dealers, Touts 70% Solve Rate
People & Places: DEG Board of Directors; Rockies by CET; Atlona Names House of Reps
D-Tools’ New Cloud Offering Gives Users a Simple, Scalable, Web-Based Solution
Sonos Q3 2018 Report Shows 6.6% Decrease in Revenue
View more on Business
Take Our Latest QuizzesHow Well Do You Understand Ethernet Cables and Connectors?
Quiz: Is Your Company Performance Above or Below Average?
How Much Do You Know About Cell Phone Signal Boosters?
How Efficient Is Your Service Department? Take the Quiz
5G and the Need for Cellphone Signal Boosters—Do You Know Enough?