The Tech Council Podcast: Give CEDIA® a Listen
The CEDIA Tech Council drops a new episode on topics relevant to the residential tech industry every Friday.
Every week, CEDIA’s Walt Zerbe (Senior Director of Technology and Standards) and Ed Wenck (Content Marketing Manager) co-host a 30-to-60-minute dive into the issues surrounding the home technology industry. From running a business to breakthrough devices, Zerbe and Wenck and their guests (a frequent one is Dave Pedigo, Vice President, Emerging Technologies) cover topics relevant to everyone in the CEDIA channel. Subject matter experts often include some pretty big brains in the biz: Peter Aylett from Archimedia, Rich Green of Rich Green Design, Geoff Meads of Presto Web Design, Alex Capecelatro of josh.ai, and others are called upon regularly to offer their takes.
The conversation’s lively, wildly informative, and frankly, fun. Recent shows include:
- A look at all the education offerings (and how the catalog is built and updated every year) planned for CEDIA Expo 2018
- A conversation with Brian Markwalter (CTA) about the development and deployment of 5G, and how it will impact the residential integrator
- A show on Blockchain technology with John Fitch from Animal Ventures: It’s bound to be a major disruptor, and the possibilities for its use in the home tech universe are incredible
- A chat with builder/remodeler Christopher Wright and designer Adam Gibson (a kitchen/bath specialist) about working with integrators — and the importance of technology to their clients
- A show about music organization for customers: As we move toward renting and streaming our music and combining that with files we own, how can one best manage all of this?
The show is available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play music, and many other platforms. New episodes drop every Friday morning just after 8 a.m. Eastern, and the entire catalog of episodes can be found at https://cedia.net/insights/tech-council-podcast/.
2019 State of the Industry Special Report - CE Pro Download
The custom electronics industry saw a healthy 8 percent growth rate in 2018, down slightly from the blazing 11 percent growth in 2017 but still admiringly strong. Our 2019 State of the Industry indicates that readers expect to see even more growth in 2019. Get your copy today.
EventsSnapAV Dives into Security and Z-Wave, Teams with Clare and Alula
Home of the Year: This Massive Villa Features a Fully-Automated Observatory and Much More
Control4 Tiny Home Packs Smart Controls Into 250 Square-Feet
ISE 2019 Sets Records for Attendance, Exhibits
3 More Show-Stoppers from ISE 2019: ‘Quite Revolutionary’
View more on Events