SpeakerCraft Shows Revamped Big Bang Amps at ISE 2014
‘Extremely stable’ integrator-friendly amps from SpeakerCraft, based on Niles’ SI line, offer two to 12 channels.
SpeakerCraft, a unit of Nortek’s Core Brands, is debuting a full line of amplifiers at ISE 2014. The products are so new, the company doesn’t even have spec sheets on them, says brand manager Mitch Witten.
SpeakerCraft had created its own line of Big Bang amps a several years ago, but the new line is based on amplifier designs by sister Core Brands company Niles – which makes sense since Niles was born into the audio electronics business.
The new products, modeled after Niles’ popular Systems Integration (SI) line, are “very systems-integrator friendly,” says Witten, who cites bridging capabilities, multiple triggers and Web configuration tools for the biggest of the Big Bangs.
When bridged, he says, the products are “extremely stable into 4 Ohms.”
At ISE, SpeakerCraft has on display three two-channel amps from 50 watts per channel RMS at 8 Ohms (100w at 4 Ohms) up to 150 wpc (270w at 4 Ohms).
Two other models include the 5016 16x50 (based on SI 1650) and the 3012 12x30 (based on the SI 1230).
We can assume that the speakers will have similar specs as their Niles counterparts. In the case of the 5016, that would be:
- Fully Configurable 16-Channel Amplifier
- 50 Watts RMS Per Channel Into 8 Ohms
- 100 Watts RMS Per Channel Into 4 Ohms
- High Power Mode Configures Amplifier To 8 Channels X 100 Watts RMS Into 8 Ohms
- Auto Switching 110V-230V Power Supply
- Unique Web Browser Configuration Allows Each Channel To Select From Any Of 16 Inputs Or Combination Of Inputs
- IP Web-based Configurable EQ Adjustment, Volume Level And High/low Pass Selection
- Three Turn-on Modes: Music Sense, Voltage Trigger, And Manual
- Audio Circuitry Constructed With The Finest Parts Available, Including 1% Metal Film Resistors, High Quality Capacitors And Oversized Heat Sinks For Clear And Uncolored Sound
- Independent Thermal And Short Circuit Protection On Each Channel
- Status Display For Troubleshooting
Core Brands is considering creating a similar line under its Proficient Audio brand, which is more widely distributed than SpeakerCraft. The SpeakerCraft amps are expected to ship mid-year.
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Julie Jacobson is founding editor of CE Pro, the leading media brand for the home-technology channel. She has covered the smart-home industry since 1994, long before there was much of an Internet, let alone an Internet of things. Currently she studies, speaks, writes and rabble-rouses in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V, wellness-related technology, biophilic design, and the business of home technology. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, and earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a recipient of the annual CTA TechHome Leadership Award, and a CEDIA Fellows honoree. A washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player, Julie currently resides in San Antonio, Texas and sometimes St. Paul, Minn. Follow on Twitter: @juliejacobson Email Julie at email@example.com
Amplifiers10 Can’t-Miss Audio Companies to Visit at CEDIA Expo 2019
Sonance to Accept Josh.ai Voice Control of Amplifiers; Unveils Trufig Mount
Yamaha Preamp Incorporates Proprietary Surround:AI Immersive Processing
McIntosh C53 Preamplifier Incorporates Company’s DA2 Digital Audio Module
Commercial Manufacturer Powersoft to Exhibit at CEDIA Expo 2019
View more on Amplifiers