Polk Enters Wireless Audio Market with Affordable Omni Wireless Music System
With the new Polk Omni Wireless Music System, dealers can set their clients up with whole-house audio systems and home theater.
Whether it’s home theater or traditional two-channel stereo, the Mid-Atlantic audio manufacturer Polk Audio has always strived to balance value and performance. With the launch of its new Omni Wireless Music system, the company is once again balancing value and performance with its new line of retrofit friendly, whole-house audio products.
Utilizing DTS’ Play-Fi technology, the line offers dealers a choice of five wireless products and a selection of streaming music services.
“We’re passionate about audio and the way you listen to the music you love matters to us,” says Kevin Duffy, president, Sound United/Polk Audio. ‘The Omni Wireless Music System allows people to create an entirely new music listening experience anywhere they want warm, natural sound—-wirelessly and seamlessly. With a simple setup and easy-to-use app, you have the freedom to choose the music you want to hear in any room of the home.”
Polk explains that all dealers need to do is unpack the components and follow the simple instructions to place the components on clients’ networks. Once on customers’ networks, homeowners can control and browse their systems with either Polk’s iOS or Android app. The Baltimore-based company adds that it designed the line of wireless audio products to complement the interior designs of most homes.
The line of products features streaming services such as Pandora and Spotify, and it includes:
- Omni S2 Wireless Speaker ($179): A compact powered speaker that can be placed in locations ranging from end tables, night stands and kitchen countertops. The speaker features two 2-inch drivers and two low-frequency radiators to reproduce a variety of audio content, and a 3.5mm input and USB input that aids with firmware updates and device charging
- Omni S2 Rechargeable Wireless Speaker ($249): The weather-resistant Omni S2 Rechargeable Wireless Speaker incorporates a lithium battery and a connectivity range up to 100 yards. Polk says homeowners can take this speaker outside to extend their whole-house audio listening for up to 10 hours at moderate listening levels
- Omni SB1 Sound Bar with Included Subwoofer ($699): Providing dealers with a theater solution, the SB1 Sound Bar with Included Subwoofer incorporates the company’s VoiceAdjust Technology, which it says is a voice-optimizing option that is said to produce an enveloping soundstage with both movie and musical content. The subwoofer incorporates an 8-inch driver and working with Polk’s Full Complement Bass Technology that helps the soundbar to create warm lower frequencies
- Omni P1 Adaptor ($299): The P1 provides dealers a convenient way to upgrade clients’ existing audio systems with today’s generation of streaming audio services. With the P1’s connection options dealers can connect products such as Blu-ray disc and CD players, and its output options can be connected to A/V receivers HDTVs for complete system flexibility
- Omni A1 Amplifier ($399): Delivering 75-watts per channel, the A1 can power a variety of Polk and other manufacturers’ speakers to allow dealers to integrate a range of audio solutions with the Polk system. The A1 provides EQ and phono input options to allow installers to offer clients a diverse musical experience
Find Out Why 63% of Integrators Expect Outdoor Business to Grow - CE Pro Download
The outdoor technology market is growing – both the demand from customers and the array of products available. According to our recent CE Pro survey, integrators are taking advantage of this opportunity to grow their businesses. Get your copy of the survey today.
Bob is an audio enthusiast who has written about consumer electronics for various publications within Massachusetts before joining the staff of CE Pro in 2000. Bob is THX Level I certified, and he's also taken classes from the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) and Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA). Bob also serves as the technology editor for CE Pro's sister publication Commercial Integrator. In addition, he's studied guitar and music theory at Sarrin Music Studios in Wakefield, Mass., and he also studies Kyokushin karate at 5 Dragons in Haverhill, Mass. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Robert at email@example.com
Follow Robert on social media:
Home TheaterProduct Briefs: AudioResearch, Kwikset; Play-Fi, AirPlay2; Lenbrook Joins D-Tools i3
10 #SoCustom Solutions to Inspire Your BEST Project Awards Entries
Hisense Unveils a Full Lineup of Sub-$1,000 ULED Android TVs
Sound United to Pick Up Integra, Onkyo, Pioneer Brands
$3,999 Epson 4K PRO-UHD Projector Features 3-Chip Design, HDR10
View more on Home Theater