Parasound ZoneMaster 2350 Class D Amp Blends Best of Digital and Analog Audio
Rated at 350 watts per channel, Parasound ZoneMaster 2350 is a Class D stereo power amplifier that includes options to add subwoofers without requiring external crossovers.
Parasound's versatile new ZoneMaster 2350 ($1,295 MSRP) is a two-channel Class D amplifier with a Subwoofer mode, allowing the system to drive multiple in-wall subs without the need for an external crossover.
Rated at 350 watts-per-channel into 8 Ohms (600 at 4 Ohms), the amp draws on Parasound's legacy of Class A/B designs, including high-resolution analog input stages and bass management.
"While this is probably my 38th new power amplifier introduction, I am especially excited about the ZoneMaster 2350 as something new and different for Parasound," notes Richard Schram, founder and president, Parasound Products, Inc.
"It has the high horsepower our industry has come to expect from good Class D," he adds, "and by marrying it with our industry leading analog input stage and unique connectivity options, we've created a remarkably rugged, maximum fidelity amp that can play at the redline all day. With bass management and versatile installation features, it is also a really practical choice for commercial systems."
Beyond the 2350's traditional audio performance, the amplifier includes a full selection of installer-friendly features, including separate line-level inputs, speaker-level inputs, A&B speakers, mono/stereo mode switch, 30Hz/80Hz high-pass filter for use with small speakers, stereo loop outputs, and a dedicated mono line output.
A two-channel analog 80Hz, 24dB/octave low-pass crossover enables the amp to drive one or more in-wall passive subwoofers without the need to add a separate crossover or other provisions.
Integrators can incorporate the ZoneMaster 2350 into their preferred control systems via audio-sensing or 12-volt triggers to fully complement whole-house A/V system installations.
Parasound ZoneMaster 2350 - Features & Specs
- 350 watts x 2 @ 8 Ω
- 600 watts x 2 @ 4 Ω
- 2 Ω stable for driving multiple speaker pairs
- Two pairs of speaker outputs with A/B buttons
- Lockout switch on rear panel to disable A/B buttons
- High pass filter, switchable for 30Hz or 80Hz
- Automatic on/off by 12V trigger w/ looping output
- Automatic on/off by audio signal
- Speaker level input enables integration with systems lacking preamp output jacks
- Parasound designed class AB input stage w/ premium Class D power stage
- Subwoofer mode for driving multiple in-wall subs without the need for an external crossover
- Mono mode combines L and R for single speaker applications
- Mono full range preamp output
- Subwoofer 80Hz, 24dB/oct. low pass preamp output
- Looping left and right output jacks
- Left and right input level controls
- Efficient, low heat design
- Short circuit and overload protection
- 0.5 watt standby power consumption meets EU and Energy Star requirements
- 2U rack mounting hardware is included in box
Find Out Why 63% of Integrators Expect Outdoor Business to Grow - CE Pro Download
The outdoor technology market is growing – both the demand from customers and the array of products available. According to our recent CE Pro survey, integrators are taking advantage of this opportunity to grow their businesses. Get your copy of the survey today.
Bob is an audio enthusiast who has written about consumer electronics for various publications within Massachusetts before joining the staff of CE Pro in 2000. Bob is THX Level I certified, and he's also taken classes from the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) and Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA). Bob also serves as the technology editor for CE Pro's sister publication Commercial Integrator. In addition, he's studied guitar and music theory at Sarrin Music Studios in Wakefield, Mass., and he also studies Kyokushin karate at 5 Dragons in Haverhill, Mass. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Robert on social media:
SpeakersBudget-Friendly Pro-Ject T1 Turntable Includes Bluetooth Streaming
Product Briefs: josh.ai, Sonos Partner; James MAC; HTA Calculator; Onkyo, Pioneer Firmware
Bowers & Wilkins Launches Wireless Multiroom Audio; Licenses Mesh Platform to Others
Thorens Reel-to-Reel Tape Machine Leverages Public Interest in Vintage Audio Gear
Interview: SnapAV’s Matthew Kamp Talks Episode, Autonomic, More
View more on Speakers