Control & Automation

Logitech Video Q&A: Harmony Pro Remote Is Ideal for IoT Mid-Market

Logitech’s Brett Bjorkquist explains Harmony Pro remote’s voice control integration, multizone control and scrolling touchscreen make it well suited for middle-market solutions.

More about Logitech

Logitech designs products that have an everyday place in people’s lives, connecting them to the digital experiences they care about. More than 35 years ago, Logitech...
Logitech Logo
  Logitech Company Info
CE Pro Editors · September 20, 2017

Not to be confused with the Harmony remote that is available via retail, Logitech's Harmony Pro remote is specifically designed for the professional custom installation channel.

Indeed, the Harmony Pro has several key differences:

• It can control a multizone system. So for example, if the project has an AVR in one room, the user can control that device by simply sliding over on the remote and tapping a button.

• Another key feature is a scrollable touchscreen. "Consumers are used to scrolling with their smart phones and tablets, so we wanted to make sure we mirrored that technology in our remotes," says Brett Bjorkquist, CI/Pro Channel Development Manager at Logitech.
"We have a great relationship with Google and we have a great relationship with Amazon."
— Brett Bjorkquist, Logitech

Meanwhile, the IoT market is exploding with more than 50 billion connected devices, so Bjorkquist says Harmony Pro is ideally positioned to capture that market.

“A lot of integrators have been used to capturing the higher end of the market. What Logitech offers is just a more realistic expansion of that market,” he says.

Among the mid-market products the Harmony Pro partners with are Sonos, Denon Heos and Lutron’s new RA2 Select.

Voice control is another area where the Harmony Pro is well positioned.

“Voice control is exploding in the market. We have a great relationship with Google and we have a great relationship with Amazon,” says Bjorkquist. He explains that users of Harmony can command the voice control speaker directly without having to say something like, “Harmony, tell Alexa to turn on the lights.”

“We also have play, pause, mute and volume control via voice. Any activity that has been created with Harmony, you are able to actually integrate with Alexa,” he says.

Finally, Logitech is supporting CE pros with a dedicated dealer portal that allows integrators to manage all their accounts.

“If a client has a new favorite channel they want to add to their remote, for instance, the installer is able to remotely log in, sync to the remote, make the change and then push that sync out to the remote without rolling a truck,” says Bjorkquist.

For more information about Harmony for the CI/Pro channel, click here:

Logitech Pro Dealer Portal:

Logitech Pro eLearning Portal:

Control & Automation · Universal Remotes · Events · CEDIA · News · Media · Videos · Logitech · All Topics
CE Pro Magazine

Not a Magazine Subscriber?

Comments

Posted by Soundwaves on November 13, 2017

Quick update on our complaint. Brett got in touch with us and Logitech finally located our dealer account. Thanks for the support.

Posted by Soundwaves on September 27, 2017

Hi Brett, I just sent you an email. Thanks.

Posted by bbjorkquist on September 25, 2017

Soundwaves, I apologize for any problem you’ve had in the past. If you’d like to reach out I am more than happy to spend some time going over the account you had, as well as show you everything we’ve created specifically for the channel since I’ve joined the team. I was brought in at the beginning of the year to help build out the Pro channel, and Pike and I have some great CI focused tools we’ve introduced to help integrators build and manage their business.

This is an industry built on service and loyalty, both from how the integrator services the client, and how the manufacturer services the dealer. We’ve worked really hard to build out the proper tools to support our dealers including: monthly webinars, our new dealer portal launched in January, our brand new eLearning portal launched at CEDIA, and a 7 days a week dedicated dealer service line; all designed to help get the integrator up to speed quickly and support them in the field. Off-site programming and syncing with the client’s remote also helps reduce truck rolls, while allowing for even faster service to the client.

Again, I can understand the frustration, and if you want to reach out I am happy to look into things for you, as well as show you all the tools available now, which is far more than what was available more than ten years ago when you started selling Harmony. This segment of the market is growing dramatically and if you are willing to give us a shot again, I’d be happy to support you any way I can. Either way, I wish you continued success in your business no matter what you choose to do.

You can reach me directly on my email at: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Brett Bjorkquist
Logitech

Posted by Soundwaves on September 20, 2017

“Logitech is supporting CE pros with a dedicated dealer portal that allows integrators to manage all their accounts.” That’s a joke, after they deleted our dealer account with 1,100 remotes and kept insisting that it never existed, despite the fact we had it since 2005 and were adding/replacing remotes on a daily basis.

Posted by Soundwaves on September 20, 2017

Posted by bbjorkquist on September 25, 2017

You can reach me directly on my email at: [email protected]

Sincerely,

Brett Bjorkquist
Logitech

Posted by Soundwaves on September 27, 2017

Hi Brett, I just sent you an email. Thanks.

Posted by Soundwaves on November 13, 2017