Have a Plan for your LAN!
View this previously live CEPro Partner Series Webcast, sponsored by Access Networks to learn what questions you should ask when designing your LAN.
Webcast Length: 1 Hour
Knowing how to properly design the appropriate local area network (LAN) for your project will help to ensure client satisfaction. Nathan Holmes, Access Networks’ technical trainer, will discuss what to consider when designing a LAN that will not only meet your clients’ needs today, but will grow with their needs for tomorrow.
Join us to learn why you should ask the following questions when designing your LAN:
• Who will use the LAN, what will they use it for, and what devices will they use?
• Different devices require different LAN resources. Will you project require PoE, Gigabit or Multi-Gigabit switches, and/or VLANs?
• How will my ISP speed affect system performance and hardware selection?
• Wireless planning and design basics – Determining coverage, density, capacity, which 802.11 standards do you need, and what is Wave 2 and why do I need it?
• What are some LAN design tips to promote network security?
• Every LAN plan starts and ends with proper documentation.
2019 State of the Industry Special Report - CE Pro Download
The custom electronics industry saw a healthy 8 percent growth rate in 2018, down slightly from the blazing 11 percent growth in 2017 but still admiringly strong. Our 2019 State of the Industry indicates that readers expect to see even more growth in 2019. Get your copy today.
Networking & CablesProduct Briefs: Fibaro, SmartThingsRutherford Audio, Goldnote; ProSource adds Dish
Are Your Ethernet Connections Exposed to Harsh Elements?
Key Digital KD-DA2 HDBaseT Amplifiers Deliver 18Gbps for 4K Video
4 Adhesives Every Technician Should Have in Their Truck
Here’s How to Use Yamaha MusicCast to Build the Backbone of A/V System Interoperability
View more on Networking & Cables