Have a Plan for your LAN!
View this previously live CEPro Partner Series Webcast, sponsored by Access Networks to learn what questions you should ask when designing your LAN.
Webcast Length: 1 Hour
Knowing how to properly design the appropriate local area network (LAN) for your project will help to ensure client satisfaction. Nathan Holmes, Access Networks’ technical trainer, will discuss what to consider when designing a LAN that will not only meet your clients’ needs today, but will grow with their needs for tomorrow.
Join us to learn why you should ask the following questions when designing your LAN:
• Who will use the LAN, what will they use it for, and what devices will they use?
• Different devices require different LAN resources. Will you project require PoE, Gigabit or Multi-Gigabit switches, and/or VLANs?
• How will my ISP speed affect system performance and hardware selection?
• Wireless planning and design basics – Determining coverage, density, capacity, which 802.11 standards do you need, and what is Wave 2 and why do I need it?
• What are some LAN design tips to promote network security?
• Every LAN plan starts and ends with proper documentation.
We're Looking for Your BEST Projects
Don’t miss your chance to enter to win a 2019 BEST Projects Award. We’ll be announcing winners at a special Gala event at CEDIA EXPO. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this year! Enter your projects now.
Networking & CablesWhy Dennis Erskine Turned to Torus to Power the CEDIA HQ Reference Home Theater
Studio Six Digital dBPod Enables Integrators to Measure SPL Readings Remotely
Product Briefs: CEDIA White Papers; Meridian Live; MQA Adoption Grows
Bobwire DAT1 Audio Trigger Adds 12-Volt Trigger to Any A/V Device
New Tigerpaw Software Focuses on User Experience
View more on Networking & Cables