First Ever Biophilia & Wellness Meet-Up Slated for CEDIA Expo 2019
CE Pro hosts biophilia and wellness presentation and networking session at CEDIA Expo, Thursday 10-11:30 am.
Biophilia and wellness have consumed the home-technology channel in just a few short months. During that time, individuals and companies have been scrambling to make connections and establish strategies to capitalize on the hottest category to hit the design/build/integrate community since the “green” movement over two decades ago.
CE Pro is hosting the first ever biophilia meet-up at CEDIA Expo 2019, bringing together a wide range of interested parties who want to connect and conquer. We expect to see integrators, manufacturers, technology providers, lighting designers, interior designers, architects, home builders, standards bodies, researchers and others already thriving in the field … or hoping to do so.
Below is the “course” description.
How to Register
- Log into your Expo registration
- Add a course to your registration
- Go to Manufacturer Product Trainings
- Enter a keyword or the session #MPT124 to pull up the course.
- Register for $0.
Thursday, September 12
10:00 AM - 11:30 AM
This first-of-a-kind session unites otherwise disconnected disciplines, product categories, channels, markets and business models around one common theme: Wellness and its sidekick biophilia.
Julie Jacobson, CE Pro founding editor and resident biophiliac, will begin the program with a 30-minute overview of the big “wellness” movement and where the opportunities lie for the home technology channel.
Following the brief presentation and Q&A, Julie will invite some of the attendees to speak briefly on their areas of interest and expertise. She will facilitate networking among the group to ensure attendees make the right connections and meet the people that matter most to their business.
Julie invites all interested parties – attendees or not – to begin the conversation in the biophilia/wellness group on linkedin: http://bit.ly/biodigitry.
- Understanding biophilia and its role in health and wellness
- The science and research of biophilic design: bringing nature indoors
- How “nature” can be simulated with technology (biodigitry), such as circadian lighting and artificial skylights, with positive effects on health and wellness
- Key categories in biodigitry, including human-centric lighting, indoor air quality, water purification, artificial windows and skylights, aromatherapy, content featuring sounds and images of nature, climate control, “living” elements such was water and plant features, motorized skylights, motorized shades, air-movement devices and more.
- Why the smart-home channel is uniquely positioned to dominate this field.
- Biophilia and wellness on the Expo floor: what to see
For more information, or to simply connect to the wellness movement, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To get in on the conversation, join http://bit.ly/biodigitry on Linkedin, or post your comments below.
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Julie Jacobson is founding editor of CE Pro, the leading media brand for the home-technology channel. She has covered the smart-home industry since 1994, long before there was much of an Internet, let alone an Internet of things. Currently she studies, speaks, writes and rabble-rouses in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V, wellness-related technology, biophilic design, and the business of home technology. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, and earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a recipient of the annual CTA TechHome Leadership Award, and a CEDIA Fellows honoree. A washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player, Julie currently resides in San Antonio, Texas and sometimes St. Paul, Minn. Follow on Twitter: @juliejacobson Email Julie at email@example.com
Control & AutomationMassive ADT Report Shows How Customers View Smart Home Tech
Product Briefs: Elan adds Jandy; Crestron Marine Program; Zigbee Milestone
Escape CEDIA Expo! First-Ever Delos Wellness Pavilion Offers Biophilic Refuge
CEDIA Find: Cellgate’s Cell-Based Access Control with Streaming Video; Control4 Integration
How ADG Successfully Added Lighting Design and Electrical to its A/V
View more on Control & Automation