Elite Prime Vision Screen Blocks Axis and Overhead Light
The ISF-certified Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE projection screen is designed to enhance the video capabilities of multimedia A/V systems that operate in rooms with ambient light.
The new Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE (Special Edition) screen is an Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) certified product that enables integrators to install projection systems into rooms with ambient light.
According to the California-based video manufacturer, the Dark Star SE screen blocks overhead and off-axis light from affecting picture quality to allow for the reproduction of bright vivid images in a variety of room environments.
The Dark Star SE screen features EPV's DarkStar 9 screen material bordered by a 2.4-inch thick aluminum frame that is hand wrapped in velvet.
Through its ambient light rejecting technologies, the composite, multilayer screen material eliminates the washout of images due to ambient light, and it attaches to the screen's frame through a spring and grommet construction system to help ensure uniform flatness.
Elite Prime Vision states the product's black diffusion layer provides high-contrast capabilities to enhance color saturation, contrast levels, and black level dynamic range.
Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE Specifications
Summarizing the Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE screen's features, the product incorporates:
- Elite Prime Vision's DarkStar9 ISF-certified screen material that rejects ambient room light.
- The DarkStar9 screen material features microstructural filters that absorb 95 percent of ambient light from above and below the screen.
- Diffusion layers incorporated into the screen are designed to enhance color saturation, contrast, and black levels.
- Elite Prime Vision says the Dark Star SE produces wide diffusion uniformity to minimize color shift, shimmering hot spotting, and other imaging artifacts.
- The screen is compatible with 4K, 8K and HDR content.
- DarkStar9 is a scratch-resistant material that is easy to clean.
- Available in a choice of 106- or 122-inches in a 16:9 aspect ratio, or 156-inches in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio.
- The screen assembles via an easy-to-use spring and grommet system that ensures a flat surface.
- Elite Prime Vision ships the Dark Star SE screen in cost-effective packaging.
2019 State of the Industry Special Report - CE Pro Download
The custom electronics industry saw a healthy 8 percent growth rate in 2018, down slightly from the blazing 11 percent growth in 2017 but still admiringly strong. Our 2019 State of the Industry indicates that readers expect to see even more growth in 2019. Get your copy today.
Bob is an audio enthusiast who has written about consumer electronics for various publications within Massachusetts before joining the staff of CE Pro in 2000. Bob is THX Level I certified, and he's also taken classes from the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) and Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA). Bob also serves as the technology editor for CE Pro's sister publication Commercial Integrator. In addition, he's studied guitar and music theory at Sarrin Music Studios in Wakefield, Mass., and he also studies Kyokushin karate at 5 Dragons in Haverhill, Mass. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Robert at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Robert on social media:
Home TheaterProduct Briefs: Rutherford Audio, Goldnote; ProSource adds Dish; Sonos Joins D-Tools i3
Josh.ai Integrates With LG Displays for Voice-Controlled Entertainment
Netgear Meural Canvas Includes Artwork From National Geographic
Salamander Designs Event Shows How Cool Commercial Technology Can Be
Here’s How to Use Yamaha MusicCast to Build the Backbone of A/V System Interoperability
View more on Home Theater