Denon Unveils Three New A/V Receivers Equipped with Dolby Atmos, HEOS, Alexa Control
Key Features of S-Series AVRs include enhanced audio return channel, Atmos, party mode, Audyssey calibration, and more.
Denon has packed its new S-Series A/V receivers with an impressive array of features. Built into the AVR-S950H, AVR-S750H, and AVR-S650H are Dolby Atmos, HEOS wireless multi-room music streaming, multi-assistant voice control and a host of other features.
Also included in the S-Series is automated room calibration and audio optimization, plus enhanced audio return channel (eARC) and auto low latency mode (ALLM), which are part of the latest HDMI 2.1 specification.
“The new 2019 Denon S-Series AVRs provide music and movie enthusiasts with a simple an inexpensive solution to upgrade from a traditional soundbar,” says Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United.
“This year, Denon improved A/V performance by adding Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, eARC and ALLM support for gamers. Listeners can also expect the latest in wireless multi-room music streaming technology and support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri voice agents for easy control of music.”
Key Features of 2019 S-Series AVRs:
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel now supports 3D audio formats for about transmission from the TV to the AV receiver through connected HDMI cable
- True 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz full-rate pass-through and 4K video upscaling
- Immersive 3D Audio (on the 7-channel AVR-S950H only): Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X up missing of DTS encoded content
- Premium DAC: 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution decoding
- New Party Mode: Play audio from a TV to all zones. Play AVR’s main and second zones simultaneously or group with other HEOS-enabled devices to listen to TV audio or any other HDMI/digital/analog sources.
- HEOS and AirPlay 2 built-in
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for handsfree control of wireless music and AVR
- Audyssey suite of EQ calibration for setup and dynamic volume control
- Remote app for iOS and Android devices for basic setup and control
Suggested pricing for the AVR-S950H is $599; AVR-S750H, $499; and AVR-S650H, $399
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Lisa Montgomery has been a member of the CE Pro and Electronic House editorial teams for nearly 20 years; most of that time as the Editor of Electronic House. With a knack for explaining complex high-tech topics in terms that average consumers can understand, her style of writing resonates with people who are interested in adding electronic systems to their homes, but are unsure of the steps involved and the solutions available. From basic lighting control systems to full-blown automation systems, Lisa understands the home electronics market well, and is able to point consumers in the right direction on their quest for a smarter, more convenient, efficient and enjoyable home. Over the years, she has developed close relationships with key manufacturers and seasoned custom electronics professionals, giving her a keen sense of what home technologies are hot now and what is on the horizon. She shares this wisdom regularly through feature stories, product roundups, case studies technology spotlights and comprehensive guides and books. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Lisa at firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow Lisa on social media:
Home TheaterProduct Briefs: Metra at Nationwide; Kenny Wayne Shepard, Dolby Atmos; EPV Partners with D&H
10 Can’t-Miss Audio Companies to Visit at CEDIA Expo 2019
How ADG Successfully Added Lighting Design and Electrical to its A/V
American Recorder Technologies Media Box Holders Hide AppleTV, Roku
Yamaha Preamp Incorporates Proprietary Surround:AI Immersive Processing
View more on Home Theater