CEDIA Q&A: Simple Control Adds Remote Management, Multihome Features
Simple Control is an iOS-based control system for AV and smart devices that uses Wi-Fi to control devices like TVs, cable/satellite boxes, receivers, Blu-ray players, lights, cameras, window shades, thermostats and more.
More about Simple Control
Simple Control Company Info
CEDIA 2016 is coming to Dallas on September 13-17. CE Pro spoke to Keith Pribyl, vice president of sales, Simple Control, about the company's plans for the show and what to expect in booth #7024.
For those looking to become a dealer, contact Keith at email@example.com or call 651-341-7240.
What would you say to dealers who are already familiar with your product line?
We are thrilled with the level of interest we’re seeing in Simple Control from CEDIA members and custom installers around the globe. After a successful launch into the integrator channel last year, we continue to build on our popular platform, adding exciting new features such as Multihome, Remote Management, Users & Permissions, Secure Encrypted Synchronization, and much more.
Be sure to stop by and get a demo of the newest features.
What would you say to dealers who are stumbling across your company for the first time?
Simple Control is an award-winning, iOS-based control system for AV and smart devices that uses Wi-Fi to control thousands of devices like TVs, cable/satellite boxes, receivers, Blu-ray players, lights, cameras, window shades, thermostats and more.
Here are a few reasons you should carry Simple Control:
- Single Package Solution: Control a single room, an entire home, or many homes, all with a single app.
- Interactive Guides: Instantly customize program guides for each user’s preferences. Channel macros and program details are automatically updated.
- Voice Commands using Amazon Echo: Control all devices and activities with simple voice commands.
- Timers & Triggers: With Simple Hub software (running on a Mac, Apple TV, iDevice or our Simple Hub appliance), Simple Control executes activities automatically, 24/7.
- User Permissions: Designate Owner/Administrator/Guest permissions. Make sure the babysitter can’t mess things up, while you have the access needed to manage the configuration.
- Automatic Discovery: Most newer devices are discovered automatically via IP over Wi-Fi, making setup a snap. Older AV devices are also controlled via infrared, serial, or contact closure.
- Remote Management: Control and edit customer configurations remotely. No need to roll a truck every time a customer buys a new device.
- Extensive Command Library: Over 300,000 commands allows complete control of all new IoT devices and most legacy components.
Stop by booth 7024 or email us at sales@SimpleControl.com to get the conversation started.
If an integrator stops by your booth with only 5 minutes to spare, what’s the one product he should examine or one question he should ask?
The one product every installer should know about is Simple System + Simple Hub. This is a bundle that includes everything needed for an entire home control installation. Included in the package is a 12-month subscription to our service that provides the guides, device control for up to 100 devices, software updates, etc.
Also included is our Simple Hub appliance that runs on the local network, providing remote access, remote management, timers & triggers and many other advanced features.
What’s your most memorable CEDIA moment?
It was a huge thrill to be at CEDIA 2015 where we introduced Simple Control to the industry. And now, a year later, I’m excited to show-off all the amazing enhancements a year has allowed.
Course Offerings at CEDIA
We will not have any “official” courses this year, but our technicians will be in our booth for the whole show giving one-on-one technical trainings to installers and programmers.
Think of your closest competitor. What is one thing you do offer that they don’t?
Advanced security. In this new world of the Internet of Things, entire homes are becoming exposed to the Internet. End-users are increasingly becoming aware of, and alarmed at, the potential risks of malicious attacks on the connected devices throughout their homes. Simple Control puts security first.
Simple Control CEO, Will Price, has an extensive and decorated background in network security, including his work as Co-Founder and Chief Architect at PGP Corporation. Will’s background in security continues today as a focal point of Simple Control, and integrators can have confidence that their customers will be well protected with Simple Control.
We're Looking for Your BEST Projects
Don’t miss your chance to enter to win a 2019 BEST Projects Award. We’ll be announcing winners at a special Gala event at CEDIA EXPO. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this year! Enter your projects now.
Control & AutomationProduct Briefs: Meridian Live; MQA Adoption Grows; Clare Supports Autonomic & More
Biophilia and the Big Wellness Opportunity for Smart-Home Pros
Ezlo Acquires Centralite Systems, Adding ZigBee to Z-Wave Home-Automation Portfolio
CEDIA Expo 2019: 5 Wellness Companies You Never Heard of
Parks Associates: Consumers Have Major Concerns About Smart Home Privacy and Safety
View more on Control & Automation