CE Pro 2019 Quest for Quality Voting: Rate Your Top Suppliers!
Take this quick Quest for Quality survey to show recognition for your top suppliers and distributors that provide the best 'non-product' services like customer service, technical training, shipping, dealer programs and more.
Suppliers to the custom electronics industry strive to be the best in their individual category, but being the best isn’t just about engineering and products, it’s about service.
That’s why, for the ninth year, CE Pro is presenting the 2019 Quest for Quality Awards, which honor manufacturers and distributors for excellence in customer service.
Throughout the month of February, CE Pro subscribers will be receiving email invitations with links to the ballot.
During the tabulation process, votes will be de-duped based on the IP address of the submission so the ballot box can’t be “stuffed.” Exactly 7,500 votes were received in 2018.
Similar to last year, we are asking respondents to list more than one company (as many as you like) for recognition. We realized in many cases dealers have a fantastic supplier in multiple product categories… so we hope to broaden the recognition.
Also, this year we are asking respondents to identify the best customer service among both national and regional distributors that they use.
For the second year, we also want to know which suppliers are the most frustrating to work with! All answers are kept strictly anonymous.
The winners will be named based upon results of a readership survey conducted by CE Pro in February. Surveys containing open-ended questions are emailed to CE Pro readers asking respondents to evaluate the quality of service of manufacturers and distributors.
The Platinum, Gold and Silver winners will be recognized in the April 2019 issue of CE Pro and awards will be presented.
2019 Quest for Quality Award Categories
“In an industry that is so product-driven, the assistance provided by vendors is often overlooked,” states Jason Knott, editor-in-chief, CE Pro. “Many integrators see their suppliers and distributors as their partners, giving technical and sales advice and helping guide their businesses. Now those contributions will be recognized."
“Take a moment to recognize that unheralded tech support person who saved your butt while you were troubleshooting a job one day. Or cast a vote because a company sales rep who helped you design a system. Or send some recognition out to distributor who took your return or got you a necessary component overnight with no questions asked," comments Knott.
"Since its inception, the Quest for Quality Awards program has immediately been special to the supplier community because the awards recognize their people, not the company’s technical prowess."
Objectives of the awards are to evaluate each company on the following attributes:
- Customer Service/General Communication: Phone availability (live or recorded), general courtesy, speed of response, receptiveness to feedback
- Technical Support: Phone and online assistance
- Lead Generation: How do manufacturers support their dealers by feeding them qualified consumer leads
- Sales/Marketing Assistance: Support literature, demo/display units, website area for consumers
- Warranty Policies (Mfrs. Only): Replacement unit availability, extended warranty time span, repair speed, scope of coverage
- Shipping Policies: Tracking/communication, costs, quality assurance, speed, will call option
- Dealer-facing Website: Dealer password-protected area, FAQ, download availability, ease of navigation, etc.
- Consumer-facing Website: Best information for potential clients
- Trade Show Presence: Which manufacturers blew you away with their trade show presence
- Training Program: Online and in-person system and product training
- Dealer Program/Incentives: Authorized dealer network with special pricing, products, training, credit terms, etc.
- Internet Protection Policies: Manufacturers who police the Internet to protect dealers from unauthorized resellers or violations of MSRPs.
- RMR Support Programs: Manufacturers offering assistance with Service Plan Administration and Security Monitoring.
- Software: CRM and Back-office Support software
- Best Co-op Advertising Program: Manufacturers who assist integrators with marketing dollars, credits.
For more information about the CE Pro Quest for Quality Awards, contact Jason Knott, editor, CE Pro, at 774-505-8042 or email@example.com.
Find Out Why 63% of Integrators Expect Outdoor Business to Grow - CE Pro Download
The outdoor technology market is growing – both the demand from customers and the array of products available. According to our recent CE Pro survey, integrators are taking advantage of this opportunity to grow their businesses. Get your copy of the survey today.
NewsAlarm.com’s New ‘Sensor Walk Test’ Eliminates Laborious Security Verification Calls
Sony Announces 2019 MASTER Series TV Pricing and Availability
How LG Aims to Broaden Integrators’ World
RTI Touchpanel Remotes Mount in Walls, Reside on Tables
CEDIA Global HQ Opens: Take a Video Tour
View more News