Best Practices for Optimal Network Design in Smart Homes
Originally recorded LIVE on 03/09/16: View this FREE webcast to learn best practices and technical requirements for setting up home networks for smart systems.
Webcast Length: 1 Hour
It’s not enough to be a network technician or a control systems integrator. As technologists you need to be experts in total system design. High-tech network ecosystems must be carefully configured to not only meet customer needs, but should also be designed for scalability and optimization.
This FREE webinar on Wednesday, March 9, at 2 p.m. EST, sponsored by Pakedge, will overview best practices and technical requirements for setting up home networks for smart systems.
During this one-hour webinar you will learn:
- The key requirements when designing a smart environment
- What are the functional needs of the control system, including how to communicate across multiple VLANs or when to use a singleVLAN?
- What are the main network requirements and design considerations for supporting a control system, including recommendations for using managed switches, keeping RF communications clean, VLAN implementation in large projects, and wireless design?
- What does good smart home network design look like? Examples of effective topologies will be given?
- What are the best practices for a smart home network design? QoS for VoIP is just one important factor.
2019 State of the Industry Special Report - CE Pro Download
The custom electronics industry saw a healthy 8 percent growth rate in 2018, down slightly from the blazing 11 percent growth in 2017 but still admiringly strong. Our 2019 State of the Industry indicates that readers expect to see even more growth in 2019. Get your copy today.
Networking & CablesProduct Briefs: Fibaro, SmartThingsRutherford Audio, Goldnote; ProSource adds Dish
Are Your Ethernet Connections Exposed to Harsh Elements?
Key Digital KD-DA2 HDBaseT Amplifiers Deliver 18Gbps for 4K Video
4 Adhesives Every Technician Should Have in Their Truck
Here’s How to Use Yamaha MusicCast to Build the Backbone of A/V System Interoperability
View more on Networking & Cables