Integrator’s Guide to CES
The Consumer Electronics Association (CEA), which produces CES, has made a bigger commitment than ever to the custom channel. If you think CES isn’t for you, then you haven’t been lately. The high-performance audio and video suites at the Venetian are tailor-made for A/V pros, with outstanding demos and intimate networking opportunities.
This year, CE Pro is working with CEA to deliver valuable (and free!) breakfast discussions on popular topics such as high resolution audio (HRA) and 4K TV. The sessions are tailored specifically for integrators, with practical information on how to demonstrate and sell these high-performance, margin-packed technologies.
Much of the 4K news will come from the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center, while HRA demonstrations are happening at the Venetian in the first Hi-Res Audio Experience (Bellini Ballroom), including three seminars on the subject.
Some trends at CES 2014, you should expect expect to see:
- More 4K content, lower price points, different form factors including tablets and computer monitors
- More HRA content, players, components and recurring revenue opportunities
- Multi-screen solutions, including user interfaces for managing content throughout the house
- Wireless audio for multiroom and surround sound
- A variety of new sensors for tracking eye motion, proximity, body activity, physiological conditions and more
- Solutions for the elderly and those with physical or mental impairments
- New uses for smart watches and eye glasses
- New platforms for cloud-based home-control including Qualcomm’s AllJoyn, Technicolor’s QEO, and Cisco’s Internet of Everything
- Home technology protocols and ecosystems including ZigBee, Z-Wave, ANT+, 6LoWPAN and Bluetooth Low Energy
Download this Integrator’s Guide to CES to learn more.