GL insurance
Posted: 20 March 2012 09:06 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2012-02-14

Greetings to all -

Forgive me if this has been covered before—

I was told that low voltage/CE Integrators should have a General Liability Policy that includes “Omissions and Errors”. Called my insurance broker, and he was in the dark about the “Omissions and Errors” element. Also couldn’t quote the cost of a GL policy until I told him how much business I do. This is a brand new business, and so have no point of reference.

Thanks in advance for any advice from those who have climbed this mountain previously.

Best,

NYCIntegrator

Posted: 27 March 2012 08:49 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2007-11-18

Sounds like you should check with another insurance agent.  If you have a question that you aren’t getting an adequate answer on, you should find someone who can help you understand to the level you need to be comfortable.  Both the issue of omissions and errors as well as properly forecasting revenue for the purposes of establishing an insurance premium baseline should be handled directly by your agent.

As you move forward in business the team of advisors you surround yourself with will have an impact on your ability to navigate the ups and downs that will naturally occur.  Insurance, legal, financial and industry advisors are all important.

Keep researching, keep learning…

Signature 

Morgan Harman
Volutone
http://www.Volutone.com

You have posted 0 times
Your last visit: Never

Follow this forum with RSS. RSS 2.0

Sponsored Links

About Us Customer Service Privacy Policy Contact Us Advertise With Us Dealer Services Subscribe Reprints ©2013 CE Pro
  EH Network: Electronic House CE Ideas Store Commercial Integrator ChannelPro ProSoundWeb Church Production Worship Facilities Electronic House Expo Worship Facilities Expo