Search CE Pro

CE Pro Community | Hands On Experience with RTI, ProControl, URC?

Hands On Experience with RTI, ProControl, URC?
Posted: 17 January 2012 11:45 AM   [ Ignore ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  6
Joined  2008-01-09

I’m a small ESC with few opportunities these days to provide custom remote solutions and it’s only through “hands on” that you really get comfortable with a control.  I’m most familiar with RTI, having sold/programmed a few systems.  I’ve had RTI training and have the IR reader and haven’t run into anything that I couldn’t do.  Very happy with RTI.  I have a new opportunity for a sale and am curious about the ProControl and URC.  I’ve seen them both at CEDIA.  I like MX5000 look and feel a bit better than the T2Cs.  I like the pricing of the ProControl and I think they’re available now.  In this smaller market, ProControl could be my “go to” brand.  Anybody have programming experience with these?  If I go with one of the others, am I going to run into something I could do with RTI that I can’t do with the others?  Don’t want to be stuck or disappointed.  Just looking for good objective input.

Posted: 18 January 2012 07:41 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2007-11-18

Your choice for products really depends on your own business model.  Obviously if a product doesn’t work well period it’s a bad choice.  But aside from that you need to make the call on what you invest the time and energy into and what you get in return.  It sounds like you have a tendency to lean toward ProControl - if you haven’t worked with one before I would suggest you try one first.  I would suggest that with ANY product.

Signature 

Morgan Harman
Volutone
http://www.Volutone.com

Posted: 25 January 2012 01:42 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-30
wilcocustom - 17 January 2012 11:45 AM

I’m a small ESC with few opportunities these days to provide custom remote solutions and it’s only through “hands on” that you really get comfortable with a control.  I’m most familiar with RTI, having sold/programmed a few systems.  I’ve had RTI training and have the IR reader and haven’t run into anything that I couldn’t do.  Very happy with RTI.  I have a new opportunity for a sale and am curious about the ProControl and URC.  I’ve seen them both at CEDIA.  I like MX5000 look and feel a bit better than the T2Cs.  I like the pricing of the ProControl and I think they’re available now.  In this smaller market, ProControl could be my “go to” brand.  Anybody have programming experience with these?  If I go with one of the others, am I going to run into something I could do with RTI that I can’t do with the others?  Don’t want to be stuck or disappointed.  Just looking for good objective input.

My name is Vincent and I own Total Control Remotes, which speciailzes in control system and automation.  We have been using RTI for years and recently trained with Pro Control.  I can tell you that as an RTI dealer with access to the full power of a typical RTI control system, I am equally as excited and set on promoting and using Pro Control.  While Pro Control does have some scaled down features of the more powerful RTI system, the programming software is one of the best I have seen.  Not only do you have the ability to create a great control system in minutes, but if you want to really dig down and customize it the option is there for you.  2-way feedback at this price point is unheard of, and that is what is going to sell a lot of these systems for me.  I never run into a customer who says this control system is too powerful for me, but I do get the occasional “I don’t have the budget.”.  This is something that PC will alleviate and get my customers more bang for the buck.  I highly encourage you to look into the product and see if it is a good fit for you. 

As an added bullet point, I want to stress that RTI really has some of the best people out there responsible for this product.  Mike Everett who is in charge of the effort is fantastic, approachable adn accomodating in every way.  I have a tremendous amount of confidence in the success of this product.

Regards,
Vincent Bova
Total Control Remotes LLC
http://www.totalcontrolremotes.com

You have posted 0 times
Your last visit: Never

Sponsored Links

About Us Customer Service Privacy Policy Contact Us Advertise With Us Dealer Services Subscribe Reprints ©2013 CE Pro
  EH Network: Electronic House CE Ideas Store Commercial Integrator ChannelPro ProSoundWeb Church Production Worship Facilities Electronic House Expo Worship Facilities Expo