Search CE Pro

CE Pro Community | Help Finding NuVision Parts?

Help Finding NuVision Parts?
Posted: 14 December 2011 08:52 AM   [ Ignore ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-03-26

Automated Environments in Mesa, AZ, was a NuVision dealer. Now that NuVision is out of business, the company is wondering if anyone has service parts for the TVs.

Here is story on Nuvision’s liquidation. http://www.cepro.com/article/nuvision_to_liquidate_all_assets/

Automated Environments has a NuVision 65-inch in which the motherboard has gone “bye-bye” and they’ve tried every avenue they can think of to find another one.  Here are some photos of the motherboard.

If anyone can help, please post to the forum for everyone to share. I am sure there are other companies in the same situation.

Image Attachments
photo.JPG1.jpgphoto.jpgphoto.JPG2.jpg

Posted: 16 December 2011 09:03 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  187
Joined  2009-09-01

Try finding anyone that still has a generation 1 or 2 Fujitsu in their garage.

Posted: 20 December 2011 10:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  1
Joined  2009-06-09

That was Sharp glass, perhaps there is a viable solution from the Sharp service teams.

Signature 

Jim McGall

Posted: 29 December 2011 12:44 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 3 ]
Administrator
RankRank
Total Posts:  38
Joined  2007-03-26

Just received this information.

Greylight Distribution is proud to announce that it has secured the opportunity to market and sell the remaining NuVision LCD flat panel inventory.  With the purchase of these units, Greylight is providing a 1 year ‘Greylight Warranty’ serviced by the same organization that supported NuVision’s warranty.  All NuVision products offered by Greylight are discounted 70% or more from their summer 2011 MSRP.

There is limited inventory of seven models of the latest generation of NuVision TVs in 19”, 32”, 40”, 46” 3D, 55” 3D and 55” 3D mirrored models.  NuVision Active 3D glasses are also available.

Greylight Distribution was founded by Jeffrey Goodman, an entrepreneur in the high-end display field. Jeffrey is also a member of 3DMC, a new 3D digital signage company, and DVE Distribution, known for distributing Samsung’s high-end line of home theater projectors. 

Paul Fredrickson, formerly SVP for Loewe and helped to originally start NuVision US, is a veteran display industry consultant who has collaborated on other specialty commercial media projects with Goodman.  Fredrickson was key to bringing Greylight to market and establishing crucial factory relationships.

Greylight recommends that customers visit their website for current availability.  Orders will be processed in the order they are received.

More information, including pricing and availability at http://www.greylight.us/

Posted: 29 December 2011 03:31 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 4 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-01

Jason,
I’m sure everyone appreciates the work/research you’ve done to secure parts for defective NuVision sets.

However, IMO, you’re simply putting a Band-Aid on the problem. NuVision was an inferior product from the get go… Let’s forget about being polite- It was crap, and the dealers & distributors of the product knew it was!

We all knew in advance that the NuVision brand was simply designed and marketed to help high-end retailers try to regain some sort of protected profit margins on flat panel TV’s as Pioneer Elite, (which was worth every penny to the end user even at full retail).

Does anyone remember Loewe CRT TV’s?  I’m sure people still sell parts for those sets too, but why bother?

Swatting a fly off of a piece of crap doesn’t mean that maggots will not reappear again by morning.

Those distributors & dealers that backed, promoted, and sold the product, IMO, deserve every headache & backlash that their trusting clients gave them as soon as they cashed their checks! 

If you, as a dealer, were innocently duped by your sales rep into purchasing NuVision, than you didn’t do your homework and don’t belong in this business. Thus, the rest of you are simply greedy and did a disservice to your client.

If you, (as a distributor or dealer), want to take the money & run, may I suggest you try going to the race track instead of continuing to destroy a once respected oasis of trust our clients have always enjoyed and depended on & in us in the past.

Posted: 30 December 2011 04:42 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 5 ]
RankRankRankRank
Joined  2009-09-01

Attempting to leave 2011 on a positive note, my dear friend, (and everyone else’s), Hank Eisengrein from URC sent me an e-mail informing me of a service company for NuVision and other Chinese TV’s:

The name of the company is Lifetime Service Center in Williamsville, NY.  http://www.lifetimeservice.com/index.php

Hank also informed me that they went to China to get parts such as video drivers, power supplies, and other key components to repair TV’s that are no longer made, (or, IMO, should have never been made to begin with).

I wish everyone out there a very Happy & Prosperous New Year! 

Personally, I’ll be waiting by the phone to take service calls from all those that purchased Polaroid & Soyo TV’s at Costo & Sam’s Club.

Posted: 06 January 2012 03:46 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 6 ]
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2012-01-06

For your use and information.

The owner of NuVision is a family office called Cat Trail Capital LLC.

It truly irks me that they shut down and walked away from their customers with no conscience what-so-ever!

Contact Information is as follows:
Cat Trail Capital Inc
8 Wells Hill Road
Weston, CT 06883

Russell Decker, Partner
203-227-3596, Extension 117
212-225-9590

I hope this is useful to any of you that were burned. Mr. Decker at least deserves a few phone calls and “Nasty-Grams”!

David B Lorsch

Posted: 13 March 2012 07:28 AM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 7 ]
Rookie
Rank
Joined  2012-03-13

I have one of these boards.  I got it from a manufacturer in Korea.  email me @ .(JavaScript must be enabled to view this email address)

Posted: 23 March 2014 01:00 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 8 ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  14
Joined  2014-03-20

check this on dholaikhal.i am sure you must found what you need.

Signature 

Earn Money

You have posted 0 times
Your last visit: Never

Sponsored Links

About Us Customer Service Privacy Policy Contact Us Advertise With Us Dealer Services Subscribe Reprints ©2013 CE Pro
  EH Network: Electronic House CE Ideas Store Commercial Integrator ChannelPro ProSoundWeb Church Production Worship Facilities Electronic House Expo Worship Facilities Expo