Search CE Pro

CE Pro Community | Have You Ever Tried Marketing to Movers?

Have You Ever Tried Marketing to Movers?
Posted: 22 February 2011 02:13 PM   [ Ignore ]
Rookie
Rank
Total Posts:  3
Joined  2010-02-03

For a number of industries, mover-based marketing is the #1 way to get new clients. I have heard a lot of dealers talk about marketing to builders (as a way to reach new home buyers), but not nearly as many talk about marketing programs designed to reach a consumer that has just purchased an existing home (not new construction).

Given that builders aren’t building…but people are still moving (90% of real estate transactions are for existing homes), I’m wondering if dealers are having success building programs to reach these consumers.

If so, how? If not, why?

Posted: 24 February 2011 04:47 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 1 ]
Grizzled Veteran
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  134
Joined  2010-02-04

Adam,

I have movers in my BNI group and they are great resources.  They can bring you into a move by introducing you to the customer, and having you disassembe, transport, and reassemble (keyword UPGRADE) the system at the new place.

Movers typically don’t like moving, nor do they want responsibilty for moving electronics anyway!  You can save them the headache, help the homeowner, and grow your business in one sweep.

Make sure you relate to the movers that you work with folks building new homes as well, and that you may be able to provide them referrals when buyers are ready to take ownership of their new diggs.

Good Luck, great idea.

Signature 

Best and God Bless,

Mark Coxon

“Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic”-Arthur C. Clarke

Posted: 24 February 2011 11:01 PM   [ Ignore ]   [ # 2 ]
RankRankRankRank
Total Posts:  290
Joined  2007-11-18

Here’s another one along the same lines.  Get in with realtors.  Same concept.  You get in when there is a move.  And some movers wont touch the electronics, let alone they all don’t like to.

Signature 

Morgan Harman
Volutone
http://www.Volutone.com

You have posted 0 times
Your last visit: Never

Follow this forum with RSS. RSS 2.0

Sponsored Links

About Us Customer Service Privacy Policy Contact Us Advertise With Us Dealer Services Subscribe Reprints ©2013 CE Pro
  EH Network: Electronic House CE Ideas Store Commercial Integrator ChannelPro ProSoundWeb Church Production Worship Facilities Electronic House Expo Worship Facilities Expo