Lutron Intros Affordable Sivoia QS Cellular Motorized Shades
Lutron's Sivoia QS Cellular Shades are battery powered and are more energy efficient by trapping air between two layers in a honeycomb pattern, offering up to double the insulating value of a triple-pane window.
Do your clients think motorized shades are too expensive? They should think again.
This is the first time Lutron has offered cellular shades, which are more energy efficient by trapping air between two layers in a honeycomb pattern, offering up to double the insulating value of a triple-pane window.
The battery-powered Sivoia QS cellular shades use a new, patent-pending Triathlon Battery Life technology with a hybrid drive design plus ultra-efficient standby power to extend battery life to three years. The small motors that fit into the headrail use six standard D batteries. Lutron says the standby power is 1/1000 of a watt, much smaller than the 1-watt standby power (the power used by electronics when they are not is use) touted by many energy-efficient electronics.
Several options are being introduced, including those that work with Lutron’s wireless RadioRA 2 and hard-wired HomeWorks QS total home control systems and Lutron’s Grafik Eye QS. A non-system option (not operated by a Lutron control system) will also be offered.
The three options are:
- Non-system version, controlled by an infrared remote, base price is $299
- Non-system version, controlled by Lutron’s Pico wireless remote control base price is $324
- Sivoia QS system version that is compatible with HomeWorks QS, RadioRA 2 and GRAFIK Eye QS, base price is $424
Prices will vary, depending on size (up to 82” x 82”, maximum) and fabric selection.
The new, battery-powered, wire-free, cellular shade provides a crisp, clean look that enhances any decor and is available in three styles:
- Single Cell Light Filtering Shades that allow daylight to filter into a space, even when shades are down
- Double Cell Light Filtering Shades that allows some light filtering into the space
- Single Cell Blackout Shades that blocks light entering into a space
The cellular shades will be offered in more than 100 style combinations and almost 50 colors. The shades are built-to-order and are specified in Lutron’s Shade Configuration Tool (SCT).
LightingSan Francisco Hyatt Regency: How not to do ‘Energy Management’
Complain To a Neighbor, Get a Custom Built Dolby Atmos Home Theater
Hands On: Savant Pro Remote as Universal Remote and Home Automation Controller
Is Lutron Caséta/Amazon Echo Combo Ideal Introduction to Home Control?
Control4 Launches 42-City Worldwide Dealer Training Tour
View more on Lighting